10/17 Pmps 150bg

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Willow, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Just got back from vacation, Willow missed daddy, she woke me up eating at 330, 430 and 530am I was expecting her amps to be really high. Her 5:30am was 93bg, with the amount of food she ate she should have been at the least yellow or higher. I waited until 7am checked her and gave a 50% reduction in her shot. To make things worst the syringe we have are not the right ones, needle too long and not a good one. I need to get some today

Hope everyone had a great weekend

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Your SS indicates you shot 1u when she hit 128 so you'll want to update your title. How long after she ate was that? Hoppe you get better needles today.

Willow likes this.
  3. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Wow happy to hear Willow doing so well! :):cat:

Willow likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome back. I hope you enjoyed your vacation. Sorry Willow kept waking you up, but how sweet that she missed you. I hope she surfs safely today and you can get some better needles.

Willow likes this.
  5. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh, kitty missed papa! (I suspect Willow will appreciate the shorter needles!)

Marilyn and Polly

Willow likes this.
  6. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

Okay here is the questions

One seems like the insulin loses it's potency after awhile, we are using the pens
    Two I was using 5/16 needles and ran out, we have 1/2 ones and they are much larger, this will add more insulin then just her normal 2 units.
    I noticed she dumped during the night, I should have checked her.
    Is there a major difference in the amount of insulin between the two needles? I think so, ??

7. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

There is no difference in the volume of insulin with different needle lengths. The needle itself does not "hold" any insulin. There may be differences between different brands of syringes, but not needle lengths. I use the BD syringes both 6mm and 8mm depending on what my local pharmacy has and there is not difference in the "reaction"

Willow is looking very nice...fingers crossed for an nice gentle surf

Willow likes this.
  8. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

Hi

Thanks
    I remember when I posted the ones I have that someone pointed out they the needle holds insulin and to pay attention
    My wife did a great job while I was gone.
    I went back to the first ones I was using long ago.

Willow missed me a lot she sat by the back door merowing for hours everyday waiting for me. She was so happy to see me last night. This cat is more like a dog.

9. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Agree with Mary Ann that the needle does not hold insulin. However, I had a vet tell me (not that I believe them lol) that the longer needles are better as they get into the SubQ later better than the shorter ones. I've always used the short needles.

Super cute!

Willow likes this.
  10. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

James if there was a difference in the needle lengths you might be talking about one drop as opposed to a big variance. When you get down to microdosing then you would want to stay with the same syringe.

Your Willow certainly loves her Daddy....that is so wonderful. [​IMG]

Willow and Doodles & Karen like this.
  11. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

Hi

Thanks again, as always I over worry about this kitty.
    She is an interesting kitty, I'm lucky to be allowed to be her caretaker for this moment in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.