10/22 Gracie AMBG 189 AMPS 253 +6 80 +7 104 Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Gracie's 10/16 Condo

Good morning! Gracie's endoscopy got rescheduled from yesterday to today because the anesthesiologist had a family emergency. If you have any spare LL prayers, good endo vines, white healing light, we would surely appreciate them. Her procedure is at 9. I am :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:.

Thank you, friends. Will report back later today. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Best wishes today Marje & Gracie! Doodles had an endo back in July...I was a mess the whole day. Gracie will do great :bighug:

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I was thinking of you guys all day yesterday...well, those prayers continue on through today!! We'll be watching for updates as we pray.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Sending a ton of good endo vines, white healing lights, and prayers for Gracie. Wishing all the best for Gracie, Mike and you.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Yo, Gracie I be thinking of you all day. Sending you my very special meows & purrs.
    Cuz Michael:cat:

6. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Tons of vines coming for Gracie! They are still growing strong here!

7. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Sending super a lot of wondering wishes aaaaaaaall the way from Minnesota.....Skooter also wanted to give Gracie a "High paw" for good luck :)

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending lots of vines, hugs and prayers. for you and Gracie.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sending lot of vines for a smooth sailing scope and good results. :bighug::bighug:

10. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

adding hugs vines prayers......

hope you get answers!

11. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending hugs, vines and prayers for Gracie's endo today, and calming vines for you Marje :bighug:

12. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

As usual, I'm late to the party, but just wanted to add our prayers and vines. The procedure should be completed by now, I suspect. We'll be watching for updates. :bighug:

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sending hugs and positive thoughts...
    update when you can please.

14. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Hope everything went good!

15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hugs, vines, prayers, bundles of them. Let us know when she is home.

16. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

17. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

Paws crossed and lots of healing vines send your way.

18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending a plane load of aussie 'everything be OK' vines

19. Marje and Gracie

Your wonderful and amazing prayers and wishes worked! Thank you so much:
    @Doodles & Sour Pea, @Amy&TrixieCat, @carfurby, @Paula, @Ann & Tess GA :)bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:, @MollynSkooter, @Ann & Maggie11 (GA), @Wendy&Neko, @rhiannon and shadow (GA), @suki & crystal, @Tricia & Cinco, @Jill & Alex (GA), @Suzi_S, @tiffmaxee, @Marycatmom, @elizabeth and gus, @Bron and Sheba

You all cannot possibly imagine what it means to us and what comfort and strength we have felt due to your caring thoughts.

Gracie did fabulous. Dr. L (anesthesiologist) and Dr. M (IM) said it was textbook. Dr. M said he noted mild to slightly moderate changes in her small intestine (jejunum) and so we wait for the biopsies. He said everything else looked great. I asked him if he could hazard an idea on whether it was IBD or lymphoma and he said he would not want to guess but he is hoping IBD since he did not see any lymph node issues on her ultrasound....but he made no promises and said we have to wait for the biopsies. Dr. B was observing and said she was amazed at how minuscule the bleeding was from the samples he took for the biopsies...she said barely any at all and less than what she typically sees.
    Biopsy results back next week, he hopes.

Dr. L had us give a reduced dose of insulin (about 2/3 of normal dose) and Gracie's BG was super stable all during the procedure which made Dr. L very happy that she stayed right around upper 200s (on the Alpha Trak) and didn't start to drop until after the procedure was over. I do expect Gracie's numbers to come up a bit as we move towards mid and late cycle but so far she's ok. They'll probably zoom later but we don't care since she is safe.

We've been letting her have small amounts of food and she's been eating and has had water. She was acting a little too energetic so we put her on the pillows on our bed where she likes to nap and she took a bath and settled down.

We are so glad to have this behind us and now we can know what we need to do. However, we have made several changes already that really have gotten Gracie back on track with normal stools, no vomiting (except when I gave her chicken, from the broken frig, that I thought had still been frozen but must have thawed more than I realized without cold temps, eating like a little horse. The only issue has been her continued weight loss.

Love and hugs to you all for your wonderful support. Thank you for being there for us. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. elizabeth and gus

Praying for good news and feel good vines.

21. Doodles & Karen

Super glad to hear she did so good! The next 5-7 days waiting for the results will be worrisome so go easy. They speculated Doodles had severe IBD or Lymphoma and we were a wreck. Turned out to be mild IBD and he's been doing great (no vomiting or loose stools). He also had pretty bald ulcers so we treated that right away with Sucralfate. As for the IBD they wanted to treat him Atopica or Metronidazole rather than the steroid prednisone since he's diabetic. I have opted not to treat with the medications instead we're doing acupuncture, alternative medicine and diet . There is a website called ibdkitties.net which is the experts of IBD and has a wealth of information. They also have a IBD Kitty facebook page. Just wanted to put these resources out there for you as like the FDMB, they are extremely helpful!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family especially miss Gracie!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  22. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Sounds encouraging, Marje. Your little Gracie is quite a trooper (in a delicate, lady-like sort of way, or course!) We'll keep the vine train traveling south while we wait for results.

Marilyn and Polly

23. Andrea&Tennessee (GA)

Andrea&Tennessee (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that everything went so well.
    Vines for good results on the biopsies.

24. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Sending a ton of good news results on the biopsies. Glad to read that Gracie did so well.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

25. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

So glad to hear that the LBG came through with flying colours and is doing so well. She has to keep up her feistiness for Lupita Friday! Piling on vines for good results.

26. Ann & Tess GA

What a relief! Well done, Principessa!

27. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news that everything went well. I hope you get good results and don't have to wait very long.

28. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah for Princess Gracie!!

Great to hear she did so well on her test and is home again with the mama that loves her so

Vines and prayers sent for the test results too!

29. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Great news on how Missy G did for her procedure! Now we wait...:cool:

30. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending Many vines that the biopsy turns out fine for LBG. Glad to hear all went well.

31. Marje and Gracie

Thank you all so much. She's been eating well and acting like her Lil Stinka self.....I think she is preparing for Lupita Friday ;);)

However, my plan is to go get her right now with the sherpa and settle down with her in my lap. I just want to hold and cuddle her.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

32. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

"Hold and cuddle her"... now that's the best plan ever! :)
    Happy to hear this part is over. Positive thoughts for the rest.
    Get some sleep...

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

33. Ann & Tess GA

Ditto! Go for all the cuddle you can get!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  34. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Gracie came through the procedure so well. All paws here are crossed for good results from the biopsies. Waiting is the worst! :nailbiting:

Sending tons of good vines your way. Enjoy your cuddling.

35. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So glad she did well. It sounds like IBD to me and that's what I'm thinking and sticking to. Good appy is a good thing too.

36. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Marje :coffee::coffee::coffee:

I did not realize Gracie was having a few problems. it sounds like the procedure went well. Paws crossed that she is back to being Gracie. Be well little one!

37. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that everything went well!

38. elizabeth and gus

WOW that's good news

39. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm also glad Gracie did so well, what a trooper! Ohhh...Gracie is feeling good. That's great; poor Lupita and some hisses are sure to come, lol!

40. Marje and Gracie

Thank you for the info. I did join the IBDkitties FB page a week or more ago and have scoured the website. In fact, some of the tips the have really helped Gracie. I hope to not have to use any steroid as she also is responding to natural treatments right now except for weight loss. I'm also hoping the B12 shots will help with that.

I'm glad Doodles is doing well!

41. Doodles & Karen

Oh good! I see you already use Slippery Elm Bark and many swear by it. I haven't needed it yet. I also give Doodles 500mg of B-12 capsules in his morning and evening meal. I'm really pulling for you and Gracie. That group is awesome and they have wonderful ideas. IBD is the "keep trying" disease.

42. Marje and Gracie

The B-12 capsules are best for neuropathy, anemia, etc. For intestinal issues, the injectable cyanocobalamin is best.

Yes..the IBD group is fantastic. Lots to learn there, too. And I have used slippery elm bark syrup for years and years. It’s amazing.

Josie & Ripley (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.