10/22 River AMPS:338 +2:265 +4:184 +6:146 +10:335

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Picknickchick, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picknickchick

Picknickchick Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Thank you for the visits yesterday, everyone!

Today he still seems in that kind of blah, low-energy mood. He's happy at breakfast, and then slumps for the rest of the day when he's too high.
    To me, his SS looks like he isn't bouncing, but curving, just a bit too high.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 10/22 River AMPS:338 +2:265 +4:184

Hi guys .. nice little slide going on there River! My girls are always the most active at breakfast time too .. then just wander off to their little beds for the rest of the day .. of course, it's been pretty cool and dreary here .. hope that is all that is going on with River too .. have a great day guys!

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Nice slide down to the blue floor, well done, River! Are the other kitties doing the same thing that River is doing? Maybe he's just being a cat. Have a great day, Lara!
    Liz

4. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Lara,
    I really hope River keeps sliding down, and his mood improves as he does.
    Sending positive thoughts to you and River.

5. Re: 10/22 River AMPS:338 +2:265 +4:184

Hi Lara,
    I would agree that River is being extremely consistent the past three days on this dose. Hoping that he decides this dose is not so bad after all today.

I know "logic" doesn't fit into this, but I'm still struggling trying to understand why 3.0 seemed to be too much, not once, but twice, but now 3.25 isn't making a dent. I know dose size doesn't matter, and you just keep going until you get to what works...but it still cause me the occasional brain cramp. ;-)

6. Picknickchick

Thank you, Devon, Liz, Mariko and Carl. I really don't know why 3u wasn't having the same effect, and 3.25 isn't exactly cutting it either. He is using his litter box normally. I'm giving him lysine, Flovent and a quarter of a Pepcid, all the usual. He isn't nauseous, so he doesn't need Cerenia, and he doesn't seem to be in pain, as his body positions are nice and open, so he doesn't need Bupe. I don't know if needing more than 3 is a red flag, or just the way it is.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice slide for River today. I hope he's feeling better now that he's lower.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lara,
    I think River's numbers are improving on this dose. After all, he hasn't even been on it for 6 cycles yet. Give him time to settle in. I hope that he is feeling better, too and that the meds are helping.

Have a good day.

Ella & Rusty

9. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/22 River AMPS:338 +2:265 +4:184 +6:146

Hi Lara,

Hoping that River's numbers come down more on this dose and he acts likes he feels better. Very frustrating when our mom sense thinks there is something just not right, but we can't figure out what.

I always wonder how Cleo feels cause she is really a pretty inactive kitty. And being home during the day these past few days, I realize she sleeps all day long! And I have to chase her from under the bed to test her AM +6. And she really dislikes me for it. She is close to 16 (we made December her birthday, that is the month she came to live with us), and her life basically consists of sleeping, eating, and a little nature watching. She is most alert and easiest to test after her 5:30 PM TSF.

Hope you are having a good day :D

Jane

10. Michele M

Michele M Member

Re: 10/22 River AMPS:338 +2:265 +4:184 +6:146

looks like he's getting a little bit of traction with the blue #s on this dose (better than stinky pinks anyway)
    Hope he feels better soon

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Here's what the protocol says about increasing the dose when nadirs are below 200:

Tonight will be seven cycles. While I do think that holding ten cycles and letting them settle is a good idea, there is the latitude to increase after six. Because his blues are high blue and you test, I think you could increase tomorrow to 3.5u if you feel strongly about the high numbers making him feel bad. Of course, if you get a lower PS tomorrow, hold the dose and see what he does. What I am suggesting is a little aggressive.

It's hard to know why a dose works and then doesn't because there are so many possible reasons. Ask any experienced member and they will tell you they've often had to go higher then a dose that just seemed to work.

Normally, I would suggest you wait ten cycles, and my suggestion to increase tomorrow is only for River and Lara because Lara tests so much and because River has had some issues with being ill.

12. Picknickchick

Hoo-rah! Time to go pantsless.
    [​IMG]

13. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

tee-hee-hee :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck if you decide to increase River's juice tomorrow. If??? ;-)

14. Le pantalon de patience ont n'ont plus de travail

Is he acting like he's feeling any better?

15. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: Loving the pants...or should I say no pants :lol: :lol:
    Good luck on whatever you decide to do with Rivers dose. It is just so confusing sometimes :roll: :roll:
    My kitties sleep all day too. They are most active in the morning and as soon as we get into bed :roll: :lol:
    I hope River gets feeling better cat_pet_icon
    Enjoy your night Lara!

16. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with the dosecrease Lara. Hope it helps River feels less punky~

Jane

17. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.