10/23 Rosie AMPS 169 +2 93

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rose hasn't been doing very well lately. She has been slowing down in general and eating less. The vetty bean confirmed today that she is very constipated and her kidney disease is significantly worse. I will be doing 2 enemas / day until the constipation problem has resolved and we will re-evaluate her kidney situation when she is feeling a bit better. I'm going back to daily ABs because WBC jumped up again. I will re-introduce cisipride today because pilocarpine isn't getting the job done. The hardest one for me to deal with is the phosphorus being off the charts. I'll review binder dosage, but I think she is already at a max dose.

At this point, I don't know what else to do. Today after her bath, I just sat with her and sang to her. Thanks for prayers and vines.

Previous.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Wish I had some advice for you
    Sending hugs and vines to you both:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

6. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

❤️:bighug:Vines and hugs and ❤️, Carol❤️:bighug:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more vines and hugs. And songs. If only baths could be as soothing for kitties as for people.

9. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines for Rosie :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines and prayers :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh Carol, I am so sorry to hear Rosie isn't doing well. Sending a bunch of healing and comfort vines for Rosie and big hugs for you!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I haven't been following along here so I'm not sure but I'll ask. Have you tried SEB (Slippery elm for the constipation?) Two of my kitties get SEB every other day & it definitely helps.
    Some people add it to the food but my cats are so picky they smell the food & walk away if I add the tiniest bit of anything!
    I put 1/2 cap of slippery elm in a shot glass, add water to make it watery,not syrupy.
    into a feeding syringe ( a bit more than a teaspoon) They have not been constipated since i started giving it to them.

Ravan was diagnosed with kidney disease on 7/9/18 stage 2 I had his labs posted with his SS but they seem to be gone? Been having some problems with that SS page.
    Do you have Bailey's Labs posted? His last blood work was on 9/7 IDEXX SDMA was 23 (down from 26) I think it fluxuates BUN 75 ( up from 52 )
    Phosphorus 5.7 ( up from 4.7 ) Calcium 10.8 (same) Creatinine 2.6 (up from 2.4)

I use aluminum Hydroxide powder Binder from "Thriving Pets" in his food if it's over 200 Phos. He gets a nano dose of Calcitriol 2 X a week for his Kidneys ( I order it from a compounding Pharmacy )

If you'd like more info let me know. Hope some of this helps.:)