10/25 Rosie PMPS 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rosie spent another day at the "spa" today. It started with a light lunch (tuna salad). It ended with a nice bubble bath. She is now sleeping in her bed in the window. She had a "productive" day so I need to thank everyone for the poop vines. No photos, but it was impressive... :bighug: :) :bighug:

NS for her tonight because constipation makes her numbers high. With a lower than normal pre-shot and the fact that her appy is still off, I thought I should skip. We can both use some rest tonight.

Yesterday.

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

4x today? You are a pro!

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

:) She did all the work! Seriously, the game changer was adding Cisipride back into the schedule. I am also not shy with the laculose now that I have a few extra bottles on hand. ;)

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

What does Cisipride do that lactulose doesn't? I do think my IM vet mentioned this.

5. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Laculose softens the stool. Rose takes 3ml orally 2x / day. It can also be used in an enema solution if needed. My vet has observed that Rose is "highly responsive" to this.

Cisipride is for motility. We are using it to stimulate her system to pass the stool. It was a human drug, but was taken off the market. To get it now, it must be compounded. I tried another drug that is used off label for motility (pilocarpine). This is a current human drug and easily available. It worked at first, but based on this last episode, Rose will need Cisipride for the rest of her life.

So... laculose works by affecting the stool, while Cisipride works by affecting her gut system to move the stool.

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rosie had a productive day. I hope you were both able to get some rest last night. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good report, Carol! :) Rosie must be feeling better.

Carol in Chicago likes this.