10/29 Lactated Ringers Subcutaneous Fluids....BBraun DEHP free bags

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Greetings dear L/L land friends!

i just wanted to let those of you know who need subq fluid bags that I just was able to get the BBraun DEHP-free bags at Walgreens again. The last time I checked in July, they could only get the Hospira bags with DEHP. But I called Monday just to check again and they were able to order me a case of 12 for $78.00. This is substantially higher than the last time I bought them for Gus ($22.00) but much cheaper than what Costco quoted me for the Hospira bags ($8.00/bag).

Because the pharmacists at my Walgreens remembered me, they also remembered ordering the BBraun for me. I did give them the NDC code again and it popped up in their system that it was available. When they ordered it, they also put “NO SUBSTITUTIONS” and the next day, my case of DEHP-free BBraun bags arrived :):):)

The NDC code for the BBraun, DEHP-free LRS is: 0264-7750-00

You just have to be persistent with Walgreens and tell them you KNOW they are available for $78/case. The first time I ordered them through my Walgreens, it took some persistence but we got them. And the $78/case is the full price. If you have a Walgreens Family Saver card (or whatever they call it), it’s $72/case but the card is $20/year.

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You're welcome, Jill. Thanks for adding it there.

4. Brad & Felix (GA)

Brad & Felix (GA) New Member

I'm now on the subq regiment with my 18.75 year old (Hunter) who's suffering from CRF. I was just able to get a case (of 12) of the Braun DEHP-free bags at my local Walgreens. The original price was the same $78, but I was able to use my GoodRx card (http://www.goodrx.com) which cut the price to only $31.80 ($2.65/bag)!!! The GoodRx card is free BTW.

McCoy's Mom likes this.
  5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thank you for sharing!
    I've added this new info to the How to Give Subcutaneous Fluids (Video) post in the Health Links / FAQs about Feline Diabetes Forum.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Wow, that is great. Costco still wants about $90 for a case and not DEHP free when I asked a couple of weeks ago. It will be interesting to see if it works in So. Cal. Thanks.

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

ValleyVet does have the DEHP free, but they are $8.99/bag. These days, that does like a bargain; I still can't get them locally at all and Thriving Pets really raised their prices! At least it seems like the shortage is coming to an end - not being able to find LRS anywhere was pretty scary for a while. That in itself is a relief.

8. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Thank you Margie!!! We go thru lots of them:cat:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  9. McCoy's Mom

McCoy's Mom New Member

thats an amazing price with that card. and it was DEHP free! do you get your fluid lines there too? I would like to get DEHP free lines. I called my local walgreens. I am in S NJ and they are only able to get hospira bags with DEHP.

which walgreens do you use? crossing my fingers you are close to me ....

10. jayla-n-Drevon

you can get lines from KV vet supply just fyi--

11. McCoy's Mom

McCoy's Mom New Member

DEHP lines?

12. jayla-n-Drevon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.