10/5/19 Olive AMPS 177; +9.5=263; PMPS 256; +5=149

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Caber 365

Today is the 1 year caberversary.

Do I think it has helped and worth continuing. Yes. Ollie is much more comfortable and symptoms are far and few between now. Of course it doesn't mean they are gone altogether, but I think the tumor has slowed down it's output.

I have to give less bupre or I will run out before Monday when I can get more. Hope she will okay with the less. Guess I can give gabapentin if I need to.

Cabinet guy was here yesterday. We taped out the cabinet in question. I will have to go for the partition in the middle. To do with out the cabinet will sag and warp in the middle. To keep same size as now and have end knic knac shelves wider just looked funny. He will put bigger/deeper hinge on one door so it will swing back more. I forgot peninsula will be 6" out. And the doors will be smaller because there are 4 of them, yet each cabinet opening is 3" larger. It also means the shelves on each side are independent of other side so heights can be however I want them and not stuck with one long shelve. It might not be what I envisioned or wanted, but it will be better looking and more functional than what I have.

now into looking for sink and maybe new faucet.

Also trying to find different sounding doorbell. The bell I have Now can wake the dead. It's the old ding dong, which just quieter would be nice. The cover is copper color sheet metal with fleur de le (sp ?) on it. Everything now is plastic and plays multiple songs which I don't like.

Gotta get ready for work. Everyone have a good day.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Ollie. Glad the caber seems to be helping. It sounds like you have a good plan for the cabinets.

3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice update on caber! Happy for little Olive! :bighug:
    Glad to see the plan for your cabinets seems OK to you. Hope the guy was polite.... Have a good day at work!

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Happy Saturday, Paula ...and yeah for cabinet progress:)

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Yes, nice update and a nice blue start

6. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

I'm sure you will enjoy the new cabinetry no matter how it gets done.
    Glad Ollie is doing well....surf safely Ollie:)

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice start for Ollie today!
    Yahoo for progress on your kitchen plans! When is deconstruction due to start?

8. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Happy Caberversary! So glad you fought to get it for sweet Ollie.
    Glad your kitchen is coming along. So many decisions to make.

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

My son is bringing his cat home on a plane. Does GABA make them calm? How do you give it?
    upload_2019-10-5_10-37-21.jpeg

10. Olive & Paula

Week of the 14th. Don't have exact date yet.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  11. Olive & Paula

I think it depends on how much is given. Some vets use it to calm kitties for exams. Parents give it a few hours before visit.

Ollie use to get 25mg every 12 hrs for pain and it didn't make her calm. Ollie is a chewable treat. Civvie gets 12.5mg for arthritic pain. It doesn't make her drowsy or calm.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  12. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

How can you tell if it's helping for pain?

13. Olive & Paula

When it was the p'titis She was flopping side to side and couldn't get comfortable. With gab the flopping stopped. My civvie has a luxating arthritic knee and causes her to limp when it hurts. With gab she doesn't limp.

Gab is used to treat neuropathic pain caused by seizures. In cats and dogs besides being good for pain it was found to help with anxiety.

Sonia & Leo and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  14. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're making great progress on your kitchen...enjoy the process! What kind of sink are you looking to get? Farmhouse? Undermount? So many new styles and fabrications these days - not just your mama's stainless steel anymore...quartz vs. ?? There are so many to choose from these days!

Glad to hear the meds help Ollie to feel better :) Hope you've had a good day!

15. Olive & Paula

I thought I liked the farm sink, until I saw one in place. So I decided I don't like it. I have liked a composite granite sink until I read the care on it. It has to be sealed regularly and will pick up stains. A co-worker has a composite material sink, doesn't know what kind and hers has stained. So that's out. I like the cast iron porcelain but afraid it might chip. And of course there is always stainless steel. Also trying to find bronze or black faucet but it hard to find a 4 piece in those colors.