10-7 Ittle AMPS=387 +3 =368 +6=358 +9=347/Moey AMPS=200 +1=185 +3=105 +5=80 +6=84 +9=97 PMPS=134

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Briere Fur Mom, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Hope you and Ittle Bitle and Moey have a great day also, Briere! :):):)

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like Moey is making for the lagoon today! Tell him to grab his brother's paw and bring him along too :)

Sonia & Leo and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  4. Briere Fur Mom

Moey is really trying to impress me, isn't he? His appetite wasn't top notch today so, I'm assuming that's why he made it to the lagoon. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful cycle today. I've been testing every hour...just not posting all results. 2 cats=not enough room on the condo!!!LOL! I don't think I have to be concerned with the 80 today...due to his appetite. That number should technically mean a reduction but, again I think the low appetite should play into the decision of not changing anything atm. Unless of course his PMPS is unusually low as well. I've shot him sucessfully 2x, while in the 180's. What do you think Sue?
    Ittle apparently does not like beaches. He does like to dive straight into the lagoon but, tries to avoid it at all costs! Who knew kitties didn't like water:nailbiting:
    I'm trying to remain patient and ride out the high numbers. I'd be satisfied if he just smelled the lemons a little more. In real life Ittle is terrified of lemons! I really should take a video of his reaction to a lemon and post it on you tube. He can be 20ft away from me and if I show him a lemon he squints! The funny thing is, he's never been squirted or had contact with any juice before.
    Anyway I hope you have a great evening. I hope to hear any thoughts or recommendations you have for the boys.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

With SLGS reductions are taken at 90 - however - you're testing enough to do TR - in which case you'd take a reduction if he goes below 50 three times or below 40 once...so with that in mind...and those are pretty high greens - I think you could safely not reduce, unless of course he gives you a number tonight that makes you uncomfortable OR if you're not able to stay up a while and get some more tests. It'll become more clear since the last test I see is a 101 - already an increasing number. Let's see what later tests are doing...if he keeps to the curve of the day as you can see he started in the high blues, then did a nice little slide down to the lagoon..and now? up again in to the mid to high blues. If that's the case and you want to repeat on the next cycle, stay with the dose.

As for Mr. Pinky there, I just have to shake my head and say, yep...been there, done that...Luci has been pretty stubborn and refuses to budge for days on end. All you can do is sit and wait and test...and decide when to increase. If he needs a little more juice to get better numbers, he needs it...and from his SS, I'd say you need to start planning your increase...just count the cycles (if using SLGS) until you get to where you're ready to go up by .25 and then hold on; while counting those cycles. Again, if you decide to switch to TR for Ittle, it'll be 6 cycles or 3 days before you can increase until he visits the lagoon.

At any rate, you're doing a spectacular job with these two furbabies! Admirable that you can keep it all straight :)

6. Briere Fur Mom

Ok I need advice about amount to give. Moeys on an upward trend just not really fast. I'm stalling as of right now but, should I give a reduced dose? I know according to protocol I shouldn't shoot at this number. If I do reduce...what would be appropriate? I'm comfortable shooting the 180's as of now. TIA

I went ahead and reduced to .5u. I didn't want to do that being that Moey was on an upward trend. Better safe than sorry, since monitoring all night may have been difficult. Now that I reduced the dose for the evening..how bad is this going to mess up the progress Moey had today. I have to hold the .5u now for at least 3 days if an increase is warranted? I have a feeling I'm going to have to go back up to .75u.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  7. Sue and Luci

Put a line on your SS indicating that you've taken a reduction; you can hold it until you see that the reduction has failed and then go back up...with another line on your SS indicating 'Failed Reduction' ... then increase.

btw if you'd like to merge all your cells in a single row on your SS, right click on it, then under 'Format' from the top menu, select 'Merge/Horzontally' 'Align/Left' and that'll put all your comments on a single line.

Hope this is helpful. Sorry I wasn't available late last night - I go to bed early because of work - have to be up by 5:30 a.m. :)

8. Briere Fur Mom

I'll work on that SS. I'm such a newb! I'm hoping to be fluent with it soon. I feel like I failed Moey last night. I just wasn't confident enough to shoot the 152. I'm hoping to get comfortable and familiar with the nuances of each kitty's cycle to be able to make a decision like that in confidence. I looked at different SS's that are on TR last night...just trying to get the courage to shoot the lower PMPS. I just couldn't do it. :nailbiting:
    No worries about not being available. You have a life away from this board. I certainly don't expect you to stay awake watching SS's or looking for messages. In the future I will post any questions I have much before PMPS so, stalling doesn't become a "habit". Definitely don't want to make the Lantus mad at us! Anyway I hope you have a great day Sue. Thanks for all of your help and guidance!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Are you at home today? Could you get a couple more tests? Looks like he's coming down...just would love to know if he makes it back to the lagoon today. Luci never lets those yellow starts stop her from going to the lagoon...she's there now...paddling the afternoon away... :)

You'll get the courage...it's a bit scary at first...but after you gather more data and are more comfortable with all of this, then you'll be shooting greens! Yes, that day will come...because after all, that's what we're all striving for...less and less insulin...more green numbers...walking the tightrope all the time... :) You can do it too! Anyone that has the wherewithal to juggle two FD cats - can progress to shooting those lower numbers. You'll get there... :)

10. Briere Fur Mom

I'll get some more tests on them both. Just been one of those blah kinda days. Thanks for your support!

11. Sue and Luci

We all have them...too bad every day can't be filled with excitement and great numbers, huh? We've gone many many moons without seeing what I'd call great progress...it's the sugar dance - two steps forward, three back...dosing up and down, up and down...for nearly two years now.

Do the best you can...and keep moving forward. You're helping your sugar babies!!! That's admirable in and of itself!:bighug::bighug:

12. Briere Fur Mom

Yep, that's what I figured...Moey's smelling the lemons.

13. Briere Fur Mom

Thank you Sue! You're very kind. One positive is Ittle is at the beach finally! Mr. Pinky traded in the pinks for the yellow AMPS and blues so far today!
    You have a wonderful rest of the day! I hope Luci was a good girl for you today.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Sue and Luci

They're making progress!:D:D Luci was very good today, spent most of it in the lagoon...her PMPS was 117. Should be an interesting night! Fortunately DH will take over the later evening watch - but he doesn't post to the SS. :facepalm:

Btw, who's pic is your Avatar? Hope you can get a pic soon of both the kids as your avatar...you may have shared pics early on...but I can barely remember yesterday (oh, yes I remember now, it was awful, and I'm trying to forget yesterday!!)

Have a great evening :bighug:

15. Briere Fur Mom

The avatar is Ittle. I finally got a pic of both of them. I just have to get it off the camera onto the puter and upload it as my new avatar.
    Whoa nellie PMPS of 117! Y'all really know Luci to shoot that # with a full dose. She has given you so much experience with the sugar dance. I hope to pick up some of your fancy dance moves!
    On a different note, I tried to merge the cells in the SS. It keeps telling me that I can't merge frozen cells with unfrozen cells. So, I unfroze one row to see what would happen. I tried to merge the same row of cells and it gave me the same error message. I'll keep playing with it...learning is everything. Makes ya smarter; puts wrinkles on the ole' brain! I need to back up both SS's on a flash drive just in case the inevitable happens. I'll get a flash drive next time I'm in town. Wanna back those babies up before I get too crazy modifying them!:)
    Well y'all have a great evening. Tell Luci to behave and stay safely green!