10/8 - Lantus - Flash - PMPS - 356

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Flash's human, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

Yesterday's link here: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-7-lantus-flash-pmps-59-crazy-cat.220202
    Today, he has a more "normal" 356? So, 3 UI of insulin was given today and we shall see what he is tonight, all about trying to figure how he works now w/o dry food in his diet. He just had a little maple turkey and a few dry food high carb treats and a bit more wet cat food w/gravy last night for his midnight snack, pretty normal.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hope you can get some additional tests in today...I suspect without the dry food Flash will be coming down, down, down...

Have a good day!

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

4. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

Of course, I like to test when possible, but being out of the house 12 hours a day for work is unavoidable. So, I just make the best decision I can and review results when possible later tonight. It's why I was hesitant to do this after everything I learned on the weekend since this is fairly intensive, but since he hasn't peed on the kitchen table in a week, we are definitely making progress and he appears "safe" for now :) One important thing I learned, it's better to be too high than too low so my decisions are guided by that thinking.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Well that IS progress! I agree....keeping him safe is your priority. Let's hope he can get those numbers down, safely of course! The removal of dry food may show you some big changes in that regard :)

6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Great job on linking yesterday's post! Have a wonderful day! :)

7. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

Not sure if you can see due to the crop, but he was playing with his duck stuffed animal today, so my wife texted me this, really cute to see him care about playing again :)

Attached Files:

Idjit's mom likes this.
  8. Sue and Luci

Awwwwww...so cute...and always heartwarming to see them playing again! Looks like he's feeling much better...not sure about the duck :p

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Looks like he is snuggling with it.

10. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

PMPS was 403 so back up to start the night, still I just stuck with giving 3 UI insulin to be consistent with what I did this morning. I'm curious if the dry food is still in his body from a day ago, always something different w/him it seems. Also, because of that high number, I believe he spent a long time at the water dish tonight. It's uncanny how I can predict his number will be high if he's camped out next to the water or just laying down in the kitchen, I'm guessing just waiting to feel better. Hopefully tomorrow is more consistent, but I just don't like taking him back to 4 UI just yet. And, he peed on the bed so my wife went out and got new sheets because of course our washer decided to die :(

11. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

That's so great that he's playing again, he must be feeling a lot better!! And very sweet of your wife to send you such a great pic of Flash and his duckie! :bighug:

12. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

You have cut out the dry food, but in your first post this am you mentioned wet food w/gravy for a midnight snack. What wet food (s) : brand/variety are you feeding Flash?

13. Flash's human

Flash's human Member

Friskies wet foods like beef, chicken and turkey w/gravy, since he will eat the b12 powder from the caplet if I provide him gravy, and he loves that food since I primarily just gave him Fancy Feast dry food for years and little wet food which indirectly may have led to his diabetes according to my vet.