10/8 Titan AMPS 143, PMPS 202, +3 122, +4 117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MyTitan (GA), Oct 8, 2018.

1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan 10/2.
    Good soggy Monday morning everyone :coffee:, cold and rainy outside today. This weather is supposed to hold for three days with 4-6 inches of rain and some folks a little farther north may see white flakes :woot:. Way too early! Titan is doing okay but his response to the Desmopressin is not as good as we would like. The .01 concentration has not slowed down his drinking and peeing with a check on his urine concentration last week showing no improvement. The shocker came with the pricing of the .15% Desmopressin . $800 for 10ml which would be a months worth of drops ( the .01% is $90) with no guarantee that it would help. Dr Becky is thinking that with no change in his urine concentration on the .01% drops his kidney's are not responding at all to the Desmopressin :(. My compounding pharmacy is checking on options but my go to pharmacist is out for two weeks having a hip replaced so answeres may be slow in coming. That's about all from NW Wiscony, hope everyone has a good week, Ed .

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear the news about Desmopressin.. that price :eek::eek:!!

We already had snow an hour north of us last week!! Luckily, we haven't seen snow near the lake yet. But the weather pattern is the same as yours right now. :(

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

OUCH! Big Pharma is getting richer by the day :(

I think that crummy weather is here too - in SE Michigan - these grey skies are getting me down :( :(
    Supposed to be 80 degrees this afternoon - so we have the crazy crazy weather - cold one day and hot the next - but not much sunshine with the heat - just more rain...ugh...I hate this weather...time for me to go South...

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  4. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Hi Ed, Looks like this drug is also available in tablet form. Would that work? I took a look at goodrx for prices. They show both tablet and liquid, but you would need to double check concentration. I have used goodrx to save $$ for expensive human drugs Rose needs. Hope you find something that works for you both!

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  5. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

What was his dose of the .01 concentration? I feel like a dumb question but why couldn't he just get a little more of the .01 concentration instead of having to switch to the .15 concentration? Or maybe he would just need too much that its better to move to the .15 … I am sorry to hear that, that is so expensive!!

Shmee gets .05mg of the .01% concentration and I just ordered his Desmopressin in capsule form for $40 for a 30 day supply (also available in liquid and tablet) from Diamondback Drugs. I wonder what the price difference would be if you call Diamondback - I would give it a shot. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet, so I don't know for sure if he is going to eat it with his food / how horrible the taste is. I am hoping we have no problems. I needed another alternative to the shot because Shmee is not happy with us at all anymore and really hates the shot.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry the Desmopressin is not helping. I hope you can figure something out. Sending prayers.

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  7. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

He started out at 2 drops 2x a day. After a concentration check a week later we upped it to 3 drops 2x. No change in urine concentration on that dose :(. I've been giving 4 drops am and 3 drops pm for a few days but the drinking/peeing has not slowed down. I use an eye dropper.

8. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Hope you find a reasonably priced solution.

Cold and cloudy in Pennsylvania. Please no snow!!!

Sue and Luci likes this.