? 10/9 TiTi. Oops, 8U might be too much. Need advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-8-titi-doing-great-on-8u.185136/#post-2055256

With the new dose, I was uncomfortable shooting to 84 at PMPS.so I fed and waited and then shot to 122 one hour later. This morning I shot AMPS a half hr. later than normal, trying to get back to a normal schedule.

I was pleased with all the blues on the 7th and 8th Oct., but not so happy with the 84 PMPS. I am wondering should I have stayed at 7U, or only increased it to 7.5 U ?

I'm not sure how to reduce the dose, or even if I should, and if I should - by how much. :banghead::confused:

2. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Shoot low to stay low. I was skeptical when I first started doing it, but Jack tends to stay pretty flat when I shoot low. It can be a little tougher on the bean having to do some late night tests until you learn how TiTi responds. Looks like you've shot lower PS numbers in the past so you have a little data to see how TiTi responds. With Jack, I'll shoot anything over 50 as long as I can do some monitoring.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

To put it into perspective a little, remember, when we first start (down at around 1U) we do increases in .25 unit increments.....so going from 1U to 1.25 is a 25% increase in dose

Once you get to (for example) 5U, increasing by .5 unit is still only a 10% increase in dose

So going from 7U to 8U is totally reasonable

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  4. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.