11-10-18 Jonesy AMPS 239, +4 185

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Nov 10, 2018.

1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Previous

It has been a rough couple of days all around.

Wednesday night I left his feeder open by mistake and he had to go without food as his sister ate it. Thursday morning he was hungry, at well but then puked. He hasn't really eaten since except for the dry food. Since all he was eating was dry food I thought I should bump up the dose as he really wasn't getting any really low numbers and 1 green lately. I started that yesterday.

Good plan except I went to the Carol King - Beautiful show last night. DS/DH was to take care of things. Well, they didn't test but gave the insulin (pre-drawn for them). Didn't give his pred/metro or bupe. I came home at +6 and he came running and meowing! Figured everything out. He was low but he had more than enough food in his bowl So gave him his pred and bupe. Left out the metro. This morning I cut the metro and gave his usual cerenia. Left out the bupe this morning so we can get back on a 12/12 schedule if he needs it.

I am also thinking the pukas has made him not want the NV rabbit anymore.

@Bobbie And Bubba got me thinking with a statement about constipation and dry food.

Here I have been battling goose poops for months and so that was first in my mind. However, with the dry food, the bupe (narcotics are known to cause constipation) and the increased metro dose....that could be a recipe for constipation. Which will explain the no poop for a day, then two big poops and then a runny poop. So instead of being hyper vigilant on being IBD related, I am thinking maybe I need to need to be aware how much he has pooped and when. As far as I can tell (what I have been able to catch on the poop cams which one is down) that he had not pooped in 2 days. There was one small one in the upstairs LB this morning that may have been his. So, I am going to cut down the metronidzole in half. Which would bring him down to 50mg a day. Or maybe just stop it? It is good for inflammation of the gut as well as diarrhea but why have a medication if the dry food does the trick? Keep the dry, as much as I hate it, he does eat it. Keep the bupe in as needed dosage. Here is another thought...if he is constipated...does that mean the pancreatitis has settled down as well?

Even with all that..he has lost more weight. I truly am coming to terms that our time together is short but want to make it as easy on him as I can. It is so hard to watch his body betray him but have his character so present.

Vines for Judy and DH today. Thank you to @carfurby and @Bellasmom for the continued prayers.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It is so hard to balance everything out. I hope you can figure out what needs to be changed to keep Jones feeling as good as possible. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I hope your plan helps. It is all such a balancing act and I have the same issue with Forrest, one extreme to the other.......

Your statement about watching Jones body betray really hit home to me too for Forrest. I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I type this. I truly know how you feel and I know that there are very many of us here that understand all that you are going through. I am so happy that we have each other to express our concerns and sadness when it comes to our furbabies.

Sending you a lot of hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Hugs and more Trace.

I dunno about the meds if the dry is working. I spose if there is discomfort,cramps and aches then the meds help keep that at bay.

:bighug:

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

6. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Hugs and more hugs.................................................

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Tracey, my heart goes out to you. I do hope that Jonesy will be comfortable with the revised meds schedule. I know how scary it is when our kitties keep losing weight. Rusty's peak weight was about 18 lbs. When he traveled to the Bridge he weighed 6.

Sending you lots of :bighug::bighug::bighug:s, and scritches and vines for Jones

8. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. I came to check in on hopes he was doing better :( Mandy hugs your way

9. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

So sorry for all that you and Jonesy are going through
    Hugs and prayers for you both. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

12. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tracey, hi Jones my little man.
    I don't know which one of us hates the scale more. That was one benefit of Noah almost never leaving the house, I didn't need to know what I could feel when I picked him up but he always felt okay around his rib cage and his legs were always strong enough for him to jump up and snuggle with Cynthia. They were all such big boys at one time, Nigel was actually the runt of the litter.
    I'm so thankful that other than some dental work Noah never really had serious internal issues. His cardiomyopathy was diagnosed years ago but knowing that never helped, there's nothing you can do. Noah was on transdermal BUPE forever and although he was a private pooper he never had problems with constipation. That yellow cat broke all the rules and no one could explain it. I hope Jones can break some rules or at least bend them, it's always so nice to squeak by one more Christmas. I will send all my hope and love to you both and maybe with just a bit of luck that will be yours and Jones Christmas gift this year. Now I'm blabbering and crying, that's all I've got.
    I see you Jones, come over here so I can pull your ears just the way Noah loved.
    :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

13. Noah & me (GA)

If we all wish for something all at once maybe we can make it happen.
    cat_christmas01.jpg

14. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

@Noah & me (GA)

Your thoughts and hugs and tears are greatly appreciated along with everyone else's.

We will see what will happen. We are leaving for 8 days over Christmas and I am terrified as he seems to go downhill without me.

In the meantime, taken it day by day right now.

15. Noah & me (GA)

I finally moved Noah's basket last week. I put a big towel in there and now that's where Sam sleeps. A part of Noah will always be in that basket and Sam is the perfect gentle cat to guard that memory. You're both far away Tracey but a tiny piece of Jones is here too and whatever happens you and me and Jones and Noah are linked forever. Good friends can be hard to find, you were always there for me. Now we are here for you.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.