? 11/10 Markies PMPS 160 , shoot at + 13 PMPS 239, +3 (199), +6 (47)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Silvina, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvina

Silvina Member

Hellow group

When Markies has this numbers at the beginning of the cycle iss carry for me to shoot his regular dose. I remember some of you tellimg me that anything above 50 or something like that I have to shoot anyway and algso that the curve is flatter. Well last time that I shot in the hundreds Markies had a mild hypo.

So what is your advise.
    I have to leave home in 30 minutes and will be back in 3 hours. May be I can test again in 30 minutes. He ate middle carbs so probably his GB will be higher although I know he can be down again afterwards.

Any thoughts?

Silvi

2. Silvina

Silvina Member

on 10/28 I shot at PMPS with 170 and he was on 70s at +2! so wouls have been a disaster if I wouldn´t apply honey at that point.

Then on 11/8 he was at PMPS 251 and at +5 he was 33.

Well... considering that I have to leave for three hours and not going to be home to test and can´t take the risk, and can´t deal with more stress and fear, I will test again before leaving and will give him a reduce dose. Probably 1 unit instead of 1.25

3. Silvina

Silvina Member

Finally at +13 he went up after meal to 239. I gave him his regular dose 1.25 wishing he doesnt do an early drop. Cross fingers!!!

4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed too Silvina. You've handled Markies for a long time now - trust yourself and him. YOU know what to do with low numbers but I know sometimes you just need someone else to 'be with you'.

I'm sorry you had such frustrations that all sort of came to a head yesterday. You're burning your candle at both ends and have been for MANY months just dealing with your Dad, Mom, Markies AND your patients with their own problems. I know you want to do perfect for everyone but it's OK to not be perfect. You also have a very different culture and different financial situation than we do here in the US. Supplies are hard for you to get which makes you worry more. Many people don't realize you're in Argentina - just remind them. They are all just trying to help.

HUGS,

Girlie's mom likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one was around to give you advice. I'm glad Markies came up enough for you to shoot. I hope he surfs safely tonight. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Silvina likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

On 10/28, his blood sugar had been coming down all day, which can mean they'll keep coming down the following cycle. Which he did, though he didn't go below 50. Today, he had a a lower number around +8 and was on his way up at shot time. With Levemir, that usually means you have several hours before onset where he's just going to keep going up. If you see a blue at shot time that makes you nervous, take a look at the previous cycle or two of data and see if it gives you a hint what direction he's going. You were probably fine to give his full dose on time today.

You were fine delaying today, just something to consider for next time. :bighug:

Girlie's mom and Silvina like this.
  7. Silvina

Silvina Member

Thank you dear, no worries, I posted and it was a little time from that moment and the moment I had to leave so no problem. Fortunatelly Im back home and he didn´t drop much. He is ok. Now again a new problem is tha i will need to leave to mom´s house so I will not be home to test at nadir which will be 11pm (+8) I may be home at +9.

I will be able to test at +6 then +9 I think that will be ok. If at +6 he is not ok I will see.

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  8. Silvina

Silvina Member

patient coming, talkt to you later

9. Silvina

Silvina Member

@Wendy&Neko

Please, check ss. +6 (47).

Im leaving to moms house now to take care of her.
    Finally what I suspected. Low number and not even at nadir. Gave high carb food (puch with sauce whiskas + egg yolk for protein source to keep BG high).

I wont be here to test.... this is fxxxx stressful

10. Wendy&Neko

Even though it's only 4 cycles since the last reduction, looks like he might want another one.

11. Silvina

Silvina Member

exactly, I will take him to 1 unit

12. Silvina

Silvina Member

the point is that he is not givimg me much of a hint..

what Im suspecting since some time fromw now due to hiw too early very low numbers is that he is having a big dose... and that he is bouncing. He was showing later a better curve with later nadirs (closer to +8) but still seing low numbers.

I see his nose now is little palid. Im concern that he might have again anemia due to hemobartonella. Just need a little time to settle and make a blood work. He comes from big stress. This weekend I will prepare pate with good supplements and also purchase lots of good poultry, and different types of meat (so he doesn´t have to eat only chicken the whole time).

Im wondering if he could go directly to 0.75 to safer numbers or to reduce only 0.25. I also need a break. This is killing me too. Mom, her new tumor, Markies, his lows, and having to run despite he is in risk because I have to assist mom (today I gave him this high carb food and left him with this 47 BG).

Need a dose that I can feel safe.

Tha higher dose was making a mess anyway.

13. Wendy&Neko

I would go to 1.0 unit. The 1.5 depot could have been a bit of an influence in today's cycle.

Silvina likes this.
  14. Silvina

Silvina Member

ok good point

15. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

You've got a lot to deal with; I know what it was like when my brother and I were taking care of my dad when he was dying. My heart goes out to you now, with your mom's diagnosis as well, and the challenges you face with your beloved Markies. I know it might be close to impossible, but I hope that you can take an hour or even just a 1/2 hour out every day for yourself, to take a deep breath and find some peace. Take care! :bighug:

Silvina and Kris & Teasel like this.
  16. Silvina

Silvina Member

:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.