11-11-19 Bear update.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bear & Lora, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Bear & Lora

Bear & Lora Well-Known Member

Previous Post

Lately Bear has been having a few Nadirs at preshot like you had mentioned @Wendy&Neko .
    It makes knowing when the best times to test a bit more difficult and the unpredictable more unpredictable. Lol!

I was away from home for 9 days recently to watch my Grandmother in addition to my mother while my Aunt took her last trip with my Uncle who has incurable pancreatic cancer.
    I was only one county away and found ways to come home if Jeff was in crisis mode with Bear.
    Things weren't done textbook accurate but we made it through and I was never so relieved to be back home to my little black Bear kitty and husband.

I am caught up at home and finally have a little room to breathe.
    I just finished putting all Bear's BG #'s on his SS and wanted to say Hi to all the wonderful people on FDMB.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope life is calming down. It looks like Bear decided to spend more time in blues and greens.

Bear & Lora likes this.
  3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Lora, so nice to hear from you. Funny enough, I was peering at Bear's spreadsheet on the weekend and wondering how things were going with you. I saw you were out of town and hoped your son wasn't ill again. Glad that it wasn't but so sorry about your uncle.

Hope Bear gives you a bit of time to put your feet up and relax. Sounds like you need some R&R. Looks like Jeff did OK being your stand in!

Welcome back! :)

Bear & Lora likes this.
  4. Bear & Lora

Yessss! I love blue and green.
    I really don't see calm in my future for quite a while but I do feel better being in my home. :)

5. Bear & Lora

Thanks Linda.
    Yes, Jeff did pretty good.
    I hope all is going well for you and your kitties.

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Lora

Nice to see you and Bear back. I’m so sorry about your uncle.

Hopefully, Bear will start to see more green.

Bear & Lora likes this.
  7. Bear & Lora

Hi Marje,
    Thank you and congratulations on becoming a moderator.
    Wendy had told me that it can take up to a year for some cats to be fully adjusted on Levemir.
    I have patience and Bear is doing better, even small improvements are relished.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Thanks, Lora. I would agree it can take at least six months to see the effects of a change to Levemir.

9. Bear & Lora

Congratulations to you also. I was in a hurry earlier when I responded and missed it. :)
    I see there have been a number of changes in the last two months

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Lora and Bear. Missed you. :bighug:

I hope you had a good time with your mother and grandmother. What a good daughter you are. Sorry to hear about your uncle.:bighug::bighug: Nice to know Jeff can step in if needed.

Not sure I would have said a year to adjust to Lev, but not usual to take three months. It is good to see Bear flattening out, just a little. Aren’t nadirs at preshot fun. :) Pretty soon you’ll be a pro at shooting green. I liked them cause they meant a really fat cycle, as long as there was no bouncing.

11. Bear & Lora

@Wendy&Neko
    I missed you too.
    I misquoted you.:rolleyes:
    You said it took Neko a year before she stopped going into the red. In my mind that somehow equated to a year to become adjusted. Lol.

I think if Bear ever actually quit bouncing I would take him immediately to the ER!

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That year of bouncing to red was on Lantus. It took me a while to switch to Lev. Neko took to Lev very quickly,

13. Bear & Lora

It was very interesting to take care of two loved ones with dementia.
    My fitbit showed over 4,000 steps by late afternoon each day.
    My Aunt has a fair sized house.
    My grandmother would ask me what I was doing each time I would pass by her.
    I learned quickly not to give her a full answer and just say walk, walk walking or I would never get anything done.
    I can usually find some humor even in surreal circumstances.
    I appreciate my smaller house more than ever. lol!

14. Bear & Lora

I forget sometimes that these conversations are read by many.
    I have seen many different cat's spreadsheets show that they have adjusted to lower BG numbers and have quit bouncing.
    Bear's bouncing has gradually become better and I do think that he will become even less of a bouncer with time. :)
    Just saying...

15. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Hi Lora :bighug::bighug::bighug: Ming and I are happy to see you on the board again! I was thinking about you a week or so ago so what a treat!

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. :bighug:

My grandpa had Alzheimer's and dementia. He would ask how much Ming weighed A LOT. Maybe more than 3 times in an hour. He would keep asking that until the day he passed and while it was an effect of his illnesses, I also think of it fondly and with humour.

I would always say "16 lbs!!!" Ming's now 18 lbs so I wonder now what he would say since he gained weight. :joyful:

Anyway, I hope you take some time for yourself because you definitely deserve it!

Bear & Lora likes this.
  16. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Glad your back and got to spend time with Grandmom and mom
    Glad your back home with Bear and DH
    Have a great day

Bear & Lora likes this.
  17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yes -- with Jill gone, Robert. asked if Marje, Wendy, and I would lend a hand. Jill left rather bit shoes to fill.

18. Bear & Lora

Thank you so much for letting me know.

19. Bear & Lora

That is what my Grandmother has Alzheimers and my mother has Cardiovascular Dementia which was caused by mini-strokes with infarctions/brain damage.
    Both of them have very pleasant personalities and I still enjoy them both.

I bet your grandpa is very pleased at Ming's weight and very proud of you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    As life and time allows I will post updates.
    I miss everyone.
    Give Ming a scritch for me.

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Lora and welcome back! What a good daughter you are. So sorry about your Uncle.

Bear & Lora likes this.