11/11/2019 Mowgli AMPS 158 +4 160 +7 126 +10 137 PMPS 139 +1 144 +3 79 +5 43 +5.3 50 +6 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Nov 11, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

11/07/2019

Pretty good long weekend for Mowgli, he had some nice green evening cycles and some quick bounce breaks. It's been 10 cycles now on 1.25u and I have a couple of questions about increasing dose and TR in general:

Q1: What is the lowest Nadir that we would not consider increasing dose? is it 50?
    Q2: Last night Mowgli went below 50 for US #s (light green) but he was at 2.7 for world numbers (dark green). When following TR should I default to US #s for TR decisions?
    Q3: Based on last nights numbers I am wondering if I should hold this dose for a few more cycles or increase dose at PMPS. If I increase dose should I increase by a full 0.25u or do a 'fat dose' by increasing by 0.125u? FYI: I am practicing 3 occurrences of BGs between 40 and 50 before giving a reduction, with automatic 0.25u reductions below 40.

Thanks for any insight :)

Thinking of all those who were lost in war, or have lost loved ones in war and of veterans who have done so much for their countries. Lest we forget.

Sonia & Leo and Tomlin like this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

After seeing those 49's last night, I personally wouldn't think about an increase...give him some more time on this dose to see how he does...

I think he's looking pretty wonderful myself! Missed you this weekend! Glad you're back!

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  3. AmandaE

Thanks Sue, I feel the same, but I don't have a really good sense for increases quite yet when it comes to TR, I'm hoping If I continue holding the 1.25 we will see Mowg flatten out even further.

Nice to see you back too! I hope you're getting all settled after the move and that Luci is healing quickly :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Q1: When contemplating a dose increase for a cat that is seeing good numbers, the question I ask myself is, "How low is this dose taking the cat?" The 1.25u dropped Mowgli to 49. Based on those hours, his dose should be reduced - or is #2 of your needing 3 drops into the 40 - 50 range.

Q2: When I multiply 2.7 x 18 = 48.6. I suspect this is a color coding error since no matter how you look at it, Mowgli gets a reduction. FWIW, I would not rely on the color coding all by itself. Look at the numbers. Glitches happen.

Q3: I would not increase the dose. This dose dropped Mowgli below 50. (See my response to Q1.)

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Mowgli is looking good. I hope he keeps surfing tonight.

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  6. AmandaE

Thanks Sienne,

Q1: Thanks, that makes sense. I guess I'm still not quite sure how low is a point where I would hold rather than increase, especially when thinking of 'shoot low to stay low'. I'm sure it's a matter of 'Know thy cat'. Since I work from mon-fri without being able to test during week days, I am happy to be more cautious and hold the dose.

Q2: The color coding in the spreadsheet matches the numbers of the above legend in the world spreadsheet... but yes that answers my question.. I will go with the US #s and consider last nights +3.5 and +4 values as occurrence 1 and 2 of the BGs between 40 and 50. Lets see what Mowg gets up to tonight :)

Q3: You speak in common sense Sienne, I will follow your and Sue's advice and hold the dose tonight! Enjoy your evening :)

Sonia & Leo and Tomlin like this.
  7. AmandaE

Thanks Carla! I hope the same!

8. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

You have seen 2 drops below 50 on this dose. Since you have chosen to wait for 3 drops under 50 before reducing it makes sense to hold and see if he will make it 3.

It would be great to see where he may be going between PM+7 and AMPS. Sprinkle a few tests in there to fill out the picture. As an example get a +9 one night and a +11 another etc. It may be revealing. :cool:

Sonia & Leo, Tomlin and AmandaE like this.
  9. AmandaE

Thanks Sandy!!

Very good advice about getting some late cycle tests, I will try and grab some this week or this upcoming weekend ;)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Also in actuality, the World SS ranges should say 2.8 because 50/18 = 2.77 or rounded to 2.8. I noticed that recently when I was working on some SSs and I need to change that on the templates. I had just left in place what we had before on the ranges.

In the case where the cutoff for lime green is 2.8, he would have been below so it would be the same from US to World. Sorry I haven’t made those changes yet.

I agree on holding the dose.

Sonia & Leo, Tomlin and AmandaE like this.
  11. AmandaE

Thanks Marje! I wasn't sure if there was maybe a little more to the conversion than just the multiply by 18... I can make the changes in my spreadsheet.

I will hold the dose for tonight! hopefully Mowgli will have a nice flat onset instead of dropping.. we will see ;)

12. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

13. AmandaE

+5 43, he had ate significantly (his LC) right before I tested so I will test in 20 and see how he’s going

14. AmandaE

+5.3 50 we will be reducing tomorrow back down to 1u. Hopefully it will be a successful reduction. Will test again at +6

15. AmandaE

+6 56 gtb... be good Mowg ;)

16. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Amanda, apparently Mowgli was looking over your shoulder and read your last night's condo! :rolleyes: I hope you're not too bushed today, that was a late night last night. :bighug:
    Time to chill today Mowgs, no scary stuff! :D