11/11 Ebby AMPS 498 +3.5 273 Dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MelissaEbby, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

11/9

Ebby's numbers feel like they're getting away from me a little. ALOT of yellow with red preshots the past few days. I'm not really sure why. There is a possibility that this is still from the bounce on 11/9, but even still, the 498 this morning seems weird.

The lantus pen is pretty fresh so I don't think that is the problem. Should I hold this dose one more cycle and then go back to the 1 unit?

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

he's coming down fairly fast today, so let's see what happens. In the meantime, I would like to study his spreadsheet some more.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Melissa,

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I wanted to talk with Jill for some feedback too. Normally Ebby's bounces do not go this high or last this long, but *if* you did give a double shot the other night, that could partially account for these numbers. If that happened, then you might have the counterregulatory hormones because of the bounce from the 48 (and he might have gone lower than 48 - be did bounce awfully high after that, and there have been times when he has nadired at +2). Plus you could have extra counterregulatory hormones that were released to fight the extra insulin. If you have all of that going on, the higher numbers make sense.

I know you are thinking you probably did not give the extra shot after all, but just in case you did, I would wait until that was a little farther in the rearview mirror before increasing the dose. This all could clear out on its own.

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Come on Ebby. Clear it out and come back down....
    no need for any drama with those highs....
    [​IMG]

5. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

Rhiannon, I sure hope she comes down tonight! She usually listens to you. Thanks for the visit!

Libby, Thanks for taking the time to look it over. I actually went to work shortly after the +3.5 so that was the last test for the day. I think she might have stayed flat yellow but guess it's hard to say for sure.

That makes sense about the possibility of extra counterregulatory hormones if I did give the extra shot. On top of the bad bounce it could set the stage for these bad numbers. I'll give it a few days....

I'm also thinking she maybe hasn't been feeling the best. Today, after her poo in the litter box she sprinted across the house and up the stairs and then back and forth like a crazy cat. I think others have referred to this as the crap dash? She obviously felt much better after that so hopefully it was just something she needed to get out of her system. We'll hope it clears on its own.

Thanks so much, Libby! I appreciate it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.