? 11/12 Ming +11.25 = 41, PMPS = 76, +1 = 110 reduction - suggestions

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-11-ming-pmps-86-1-101-2-88-3-95-4-94.221600/

Ming’s numbers went up last night. And I wonder if Ming bounced or if it was the HC + LC I fed in the beginning of the cycle. But it worked out for me because I was able to sleep. Of course, not ideal for my poor diabetic baby ;)

Thank you, Sonia! I don’t think it’s a very deep scratch. And I’m feeling less stupid this morning about the whole situation. Plus my friend’s boyfriend took a body shop class and said maybe he could fix it if I send him a photo. I might take him up on the offer and cross my fingers he does a good job :smuggrin:

Thanks Christie! Yes I did sleep after the high numbers appeared. And you’re right! I NEED to get my butt to the store like I’ve been saying I would for months and get some actual MC.
    Last night’s food experiment was either a fail or a bounce, but I’m not sure. Would love some insight :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to get some sleep and not worry about Ming. I hope he comes back down today.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Christa - I looked in your comments, and loved "really hungry and causing chaos". Those kind of comments could be helpful!
    I was a little surprised at the big bump from +6 to +8, especially since you hadn't fed since +3 - is that right? I'm with you, and can't tell if it's an accumulation of the earlier food with gravy or a quick bounce. Didn't look low enough to bounce, but could he have thought so?
    What was that Ming?

4. Crista & Ming

Oops! I realized this morning I was an hour off of the times. But yes, he wasn’t fed since +4 (or what was +3 previously). At +8, when he was already high, I gave him another 1/4-1/2 can of food.

I guess next time we’ll try again and see what he does :) Ming certainly has his own agenda

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Come on down Ming, glad u got some sleep though

6. Crista & Ming

+8 = 101 back down :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I don't know Crista what you're doing looks good to me ;). If he bounces it sure is short and sweet. What I should have said is success for a short while, then we get all wonky. Plus Ming is on Lev, which I'm not familiar with. I sure like seeing all those greens, I might just keep looking at Ming's SS when I get tired of looking at pinks and blues (but don't tell Mav, he gets jealous when I envy other kitties' SS) :p

Crista & Ming and Sonia & Leo like this.
  8. Crista & Ming

I jinxed my mom by saying Ming usually saves his shenanigans for me and not her :woot::woot::woot::woot:

He pulled some lows right at PMPS time and thankfully, it was a slow-ish closing shift at work so I was able to sort of guide my mom on what to do. It isn't what I would do if I were home but, it's the best we could do.

I don't know how much my mom fed and she doesn't remember so it's just what's been fed that is described.

+11.25 = 41
    1 tbsp of HC given

+11.75 = 52
    LC was given and then Ming barfed.

+13 = 50
    LC was given w/ some HC.

(1 hour later) PMPS = 76

I come home at +1 and ask my mom what happened. Realized Ming didn't eat at PMPS so I gave him 50g of raw at +1.5 which he ate up.

I couldn't really keep track of what was going on while I was at work and my mom was texting. That's the best we could do :) I was thinking maybe I should do an 18 hour cycle but he was coming up - either from the HC or from the insulin wearing off, so we shot his new reduced dose 2 hours late.

I'm curious what IDEALLY we should've done!

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A couple different options for next time. When you see a good sized drop from +8 to +9, I would first give a couple tsp of LC to see if it would help him surf, then get a +10. You could still feed at +10 and have the couple hours clear of food before PMPS. You could have given him slightly higher carbs to keep him up enough for preshot.

Second option if you can't prevent the drop. When you see 40's at preshot I would wait 15-20 minutes and retest again, to see if he came up on his own. Neko always did. But next step is to then feed the 40's if he doesn't come up. I would have tried a small bit of lower carb first, as it's likely near nadir and insulin would be waning, so you don't need as big a bump. And without the HC, you don't have to wait for the HC to wear off before giving the shot. All assuming that he doesn't continue to drop of course. As is, the PMPS number was influenced by high carbs at +13.

I hope you have a quiet night.