11/12 Rex AMBG 88 Help read labs for civvie

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy & Rex (GA), Nov 12, 2018.

1. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Last post

Hi all! I thought I'd put out an update on Rex since it has been a few months. Rex's numbers have been in the greens with no blips for a long time. :D He still gets plugged up once in a while, but I haven't had to intervene since the initial episode. He's happy at the weight he's at (13#) although I have to limit his food or he will eat it all at once. :blackeye:

I took him and Precious in last Friday for their annual checkup. Bad news... He has bad gingivitis on his right side so we will plan a dental after the holidays. He wouldn't let the vet touch anything there, even when we were both firmly holding his head in place. :( The odd thing is I was concerned about Precious' teeth and it ended up being Rex. :rolleyes:

It will be Rex's 1 1/2 year anniversary end of this month. :D

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

A big congratulations

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rex has been staying in good numbers despite the gingivitis. Good to catch that and get it taken care of so it doesn't knock him out of remission.

4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary!

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I did bloodwork for Precious since he's now 15 years old. His kidney values are concerning for the vet and subq fluids are mentioned plus kidney foods. I would appreciate if anyone can read the labs and give me opinions. Thank you!

Attached Files:

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Mandy! I hope Rex stays in good numbers for you until the dental is done. Are you planning to get it done after Thanksgiving ? The sooner the better as inflammation can take them out of remission.

Hope Marje will weigh in on the labs. I don't understand them in the least.

Happy 1 1/2 years Rex! It seems like yesterday!

7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Hi Bobbie! After Christmas is more likely. We're very busy between now and after Christmas. Between my DS, my DH, and myself, we have our birthdays in addition to the 2 holidays. :blackeye:

Thanks for thinking of @Marje and Gracie to help read the labs.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. Nicole Z

Nicole Z Well-Known Member

Yay that’s so exciting for Rex 1 1/2 years! I highly recommend joining the Tanyas renal cats group they helped me so much with another cat. I also swore by this supplant called standard process renal it literally kept her at the high end of normal for years. I was giving sub q fluids at home towards the end but ironically it was old age that took her at 23.