11/13 Neko AMPS 176 PMPS 368

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday, nothing to write home about. :rolleyes: Would do an increase if I wasn't about to hop on a plane with her.
    11/12 Recap:
    AMPS 226 +10 240
    PMPS 305 +6 256

I got Neko's b/w results back from yesterday. They are on the labs tab. It's the highest her BG has been on labs for a while. Other than that, no major changes. Results have been forwarded onto CSU. I'm still trying to figure out with them how much she can eat on Monday morning before we go in. Their standard form says no fasting for diabetics but last time we couldn't feed after midnight. Needless to say, this is a quick visit here as I'm running around trying to get ready for the trip.

Neko on the other hand is all relaxed about it all. She's curled up on the bed by my feet. Originally she was on my laptop bag, but Theo came onto my lap and lost his spot. The best bed is always the one the other cat has. :cat:

2. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

You and Neko will be in our thoughts next week. Know that we all are pulling for a great outcome.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Neko today. Sending prayers for your trip.

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

hoping it's all smooth and easy.....

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

There will probably be minor disruptions because of the different time zones, so I guess you have to take that into consideration with regard to fasting or not fasting after Midnight. I think you should do whatever you did the last time if it produced the correct result for whatever they do on day 1.
    Safe trip, Wendy & Neko. When do you leave?

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

6. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

I had to laugh at Miss Neko being so relaxed about it all and all the bed- swapping - mine do the same.

Safe travels.

7. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending vines and Prayers for a safe trip and good results.

8. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Maybe the fasting/no fasting depends on the time they have Neko scheduled for the procedure? I dunno. We were told to fast from 10:00 p.m. on. And Polly queued up for all her work starting around 8:30 a.m.

Lots of light for easy travel. A comfy kitty. But most importantly, success.

Marilyn and Polly

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Blech! Definitely needs an increase. Gotta sit on my trigger finger until Sunday night when we arrive. And then of course the half dose thing will mess her up. :rolleyes: Thank goodness for R to take her down a notch or two. The other thing I worry about with her in higher numbers is the need to pee more. I have booked flight times so that we leave after her morning pee and arrive before she goes in the afternoon - at least when she's in half decent numbers. Who says cats aren't predictable! At least at home. Pee pads at the ready. And a temporary LB.

Colorado is just one hour different from us and I'll need to move shot time up an hour for Tuesday (later start on Monday) so all doable.

@pollydoodle - the general instructions are for fasting after 10PM, except for diabetics who it says not to fast. But it doesn't say what I can feed when. We don't start until 10:45 Monday, earliest I could get. I've an email going, just not all answers yet. I also need to know about giving her benazapril and bupe that morning.

10. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

In my house it's the best dinner is always the one the other has....and they pretty much get the exact same dinner.

11. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

bleh alright, I feel for you having to sit on your hands for now :bighug::bighug: repeat after me - it's only temporary, it's for the greater good, it's only temporary, it's for the greater good - I think that will have to be your mantra until this is done! I hope it all goes smoothly Wendy, more smoothly than you can even imagine at this point. I'll be thinking of you and the beautiful Miss Neko.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.