11/15/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=137, +3.5=142, +4.5=101, +11=82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Nov 15, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

11/14 +11=163

AMPS=184

Happy Thursday. :bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. LizzieInTexas

Little higher this morning but he is eating more too :D. He also needs a good poo. I have been adding Miralax but very, very small amount for 3 cycles now but he won't eat good with water added so being conservative. I was afraid the food change might cause the "other" problem so held off on the Miralax until I was sure. I guess i waited a bit too long. Hopefully between it and the fluids I will come home to a nice log :cool:

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yeah for eating! Hope he poops!

How much is a very small amount of miralax. It seems for Bubba 1/4 tsp twice a day was too much and 1/4 tsp once a day is not enough. Are you doing less?

5. LizzieInTexas

I put 1/16 teaspoon in each if his wet foods/cycle. That way he gets a bit with each meal.

6. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Give mama bean some good poo Gizmo! That extra food's gotta come back out:)

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I do 1/8 tsp in Olive's main meals and try to get 1 more in each cycle. Haven't been good at the in betweens.

8. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Happiest super appy, super poops Thursday :bighug: It’s almost the weekend :woot::woot::woot: Hugs to you, Lizzie ❤️

9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice appy update
    Sending poopy vines

10. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=137

History:
    AMPS=184, +1.5=189

Small, well formed, moist log. Continued the Miralax for another cycle and see what overnight brings.

11. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Woot woot , a good poop !!!!! :woot::woot::woot:

12. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Nice going Gizmo!

13. LizzieInTexas

When giving sub-q fluids...
    Do you do it by yourself or does someone help? If you do it by yourself how do you manage the "slider/control"
    Where do you give them - location in house?
    How do you hang the bag?
    How high fo you hang the bag?
    Fast drip (big needle) or slow drip (smaller needle)?
    I get a little leakage afterwards - normal?

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I did fluids by myself. Hubby didn’t get the hint about learning a new skill. :p I did it either the solarium in warm weather or the bathroom with the fluids bag on a coat hanger that was either on the top of the door or the shower rod, or a high towel rack, I also used a heat reflective pad in front of the heater vent in the bathroom for kitty to lay on. Neko often stayed there well after fluids were done. A supply of freeze dried chicken treats would also hold her in place,

I used the 20 g needle, slower drip, Terumo thin wall. Sometimes a bit of leakage, especially if kitty moves.

Have you watched Marje and Gus’s video on giving fluids? That’s how I did slider control.

15. LizzieInTexas

Thank you Wendy. I have watched it, have to go and watch again to see how Marje did the slider.

Hubby has been "helping" but he doesn't like doing it and will procrastinate and it is driving me crazy. I would just rather do it by myself. I did fluids by myself on my sweet Missy cat for 3 years, did I mention she was a sweetie? Unlike the current terror of a cat I now have? :rolleyes: I think Gizmo senses hubbys aversion to doing it.

I have a hook on the ceiling I hang a hanger from and then hang the bag from it. The bag is about 2.5' above the injection site. Is that enough? The needles the vet gave are bigger bore than what I purchased (faster). I am trying to decide if it is easier to go fast and get it over with or slower which he gets antsy about 3/4 the way through. Does it make any difference other than less painful for him? What about on his heart? He is only getting 50mL at a time. Honestly I think the potassium is more beneficial to him than the actual fluid/hydration.

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The higher the bag, the faster the fluids will flow. Helps balance off the smaller needles. I can’t say about the heart, that is ECID and your vet is best to tell you that.