11/15 Ovie PMPS:458, +2:302, +3:136, +5:117, +8:183

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KATIE&ovie, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

You currently test often enough that you could do TR, just sayin'. :) If that's going to change or you just aren't comfortable doing TR, then the SLGS sticky says hold doses for a week, which would be tomorrow morning. If nadirs are
    * over 150, increase .25,
    * under 90, decrease .25, or
    * between 90 and 149, hold
    However, it says if kitty falls below 90, which Ovie did on 9/14, to decrease .25 immediately, which you didn't. I think your counting starts over because of that, so hold for a week from 9/14 AM. Hopefully a SLGS expert will chime in, because I follow TR, but that's how I would interpret the sticky.

3. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

I would like to do TR since there is a chance of him going into remission. But I didn't understand TR. Bleh! I'm confused lol.

His +2 was 391.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

It's okay to be confused, I sure am much of the time! Nobody expects that you should get it right off that bat or even after a few months, it's an arduous process. That's why this board is great. When I ask for advice and guidance, I reread the TR protocol info and put what I think is the right answer in my post when I'm asking a question. That way I feel like I'm figuring it out and it's sinking in better, but I have more brains to bounce my thoughts off and more eyes to catch if I misinterpret something.

I was attracted to TR protocol for the same reason, there is science behind those results, not to say you couldn't have a remission on any other methods, but the data is strong for TR. You're doing great Katie, you got this!

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

We can help you with it. Basically, you don't wait so long to adjust doses, and your remission goal is to have mostly greens all day. If you want to follow TR, the sticky says you should hold 8-10 days in your first week. So that's just one more day to hold. Assuming things stay the same and Ovie doesn't drop below 50, you'd increase .25 in the AM of the 17th. Like Stacy says, you got this! And also like she said, putting what you think the answer is is a great way to learn, for either protocol.

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  6. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

You guys are the best. ❤️

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  7. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

Thank you. I couldn't do this without you guys. We went from our old vet telling us to put him down to our new vet who has been great and you guys... you guys rock. ❤️

8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Actually it's 5 to 7 days you hold the initial starting dose, (or 10 to 14 cycles);)

GENERAL GUIDELINES:
    • Hold the initial starting dose for 5 - 7 days (10 - 14 consecutive cycles) unless the numbers tell you otherwise. Kitties experiencing high flat curves or prone to ketones may want to increase the starting dose after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles).
    • Each subsequent dose is held for a minimum of 3 days (6 consecutive cycles) unless kitty earns a reduction (See: Reducing the dose...).
    • Adjustments to dose are based on nadirs with only some consideration given to preshot numbers.

That said, I would probably hold the dose for now but for a different reason.

I think you are bang on with your observation Katie, Ovie does look like he is bouncing, of that 74 he got on 11/14, so if it were me I would hold the 1u dose as others are suggesting, and see whether he makes it back down to a nice green when he get's over this current bounce.
    You are looking at how low the dose is getting him and whether the nadirs are where you want them to be, if they are then you hold the dose, if the nadirs trend up then you take the dose up.

He could take up to 6 cycles to clear the bounce, though he may decide it's time to head down to the lagoon sooner than that.

Come on Ovie
    Off the trampoline no and head back down to the Lagoon.

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  9. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Thanks Gill. :)
    I said 8-10 because I considered him new to numbers under 200, and the sticky says:
    • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.
    Hope Ovie clears the bounce soon so you can see how well he is working this dose.

KATIE&ovie and Gill & George like this.
  10. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

Hey guys. I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer. Things have been hectic today. I appreciate the clarifications. Ovie is still bouncing like rubber ball. He's 397 at +7. I wish there was a bouncy ball emoji. Lol

11. Gill & George

[​IMG]

12. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

I love that!

13. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

Mr. Ovie looks like he will hit 500 for his PMPS at 8:30. Yikes, that's high. :oops:

+11:452

14. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

Probably going to stay up for a bit and set an alarm. Ov seems to have taken a dive from PMPS to +3. I fed him a friskies snack after his +3 reading.

15. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

+5:117

How often should I be checking him tonight?

16. Gill & George

If you are still awake can you get a +6.

It would be good if you could catch his nadir.

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  17. Gill & George

When you get a bounce clearing cycle like this they can continue to drop beyond +6, and nadir later.

They can gather quite a bit of momentum when clearing a bounce, so ideally you want to test until you see him rose or numbers go flat.

The drop has slowed down at +5, so you may find that he is leveling off.

That was quite a sharp drop at +3, that in itself may trigger another bounce even if he doesn't hit green.

Feeding a snack at +3 was a good move, that can help slow down the drop.

18. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

I was asleep for his +6 but I caught his +8:183. :cat:

It was a pretty sharp drop at his +3. I was surprised to see such a dive in his numbers. :eek:

Gill & George likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.