11/15 Tigger PMBG 93 - stalled. +12.75 75 - skipped.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by Moms2Tigger&Blu, Nov 15, 2018.

  1. Moms2Tigger&Blu

    Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2018
    So I recently decided we could try TR instead of SLGS . . . it didn't start great due to miscommunication, then it got even more off track due to me being a chicken when it comes to shooting low numbers on a day no one will be around to test. I then decided for the time being SLGS will have to be the way we go. I feel the other way is just too dangerous for us. (I know its better and getting Kitties into remission, but honestly if he just became a little more regulated I would be fine with that.) I kept Tigger at 1.5 units cause he only had one number dip below 150. This morning I could tell a bounce was breaking and I knew it would be another long day of no testing so I loaded his sure flap up with LC FF and shot only 1 unit (AMPS was 220 but on a steady decline). Well just now his PMBG was 93. With SLGS thats a stall and prob skip situation . . . is this best? I can test tonight . . . even if I have to set an hourly alarm, but I also don't want to derail any progress. I can't imagine it will actually matter though cause his bounce tomorrow shall probably be epic! So . . . STALL AND RETEST? SKIP? SHOOT A MIN DOSE?
     
  2. carfurby

    carfurby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    If you are following SLGS, you would skip the shot. However, if you want to get an idea of what TR is like, you could shoot the 1 unit as long as you have the supplies and get tests in tonight. You'd want to start with a +1 and a +2. He may just go up tonight. Sorry if that is not really clear. I cannot stay up with you tonight if you do shoot. You'll want to keep your subject line updated so people can help if you need them to.
     
  3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

    rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
  4. Moms2Tigger&Blu

    Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2018
    We stalled 45 min and then tested - 74 & 76 so we decided to skip. . . and feed him of course, he was ready to steal a slice of our pizza by 730 lol.
    I might have tried to shoot and just test like crazy but we're having the first winter storm of the season right now and with our recent bad luck I
    could see us needing to rush him to ER Vet 45 min away in this snowy ice crap.
     
  5. carfurby

    carfurby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    I think it was a good call to skip. You'll get another chance to shoot green.
     
  6. Moms2Tigger&Blu

    Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2018
    thanks . . . though the thought of that actually paralyzes me with fear. as does the "what if's" . . . what if I had shot the full 1.5 dose this am???? ugh
     

Share This Page