11.16 Asia AMPS 390, +1 323, PMPS 207, +1 174, +3.5 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...106-6-167-7-212-pmps-395.186743/#post-2073540

Decided to increase to 2.25, I'm pretty nervous about that, but woke up to 390 and it looks like she's trying to settle back into the pink routine (again). She's probably still on a bounce from that scary low 106 :rolleyes: yesterday, but she's spending less time in blues and almost none in greens for several cycles. We will see what this brings. :nailbiting:

2. Stacy & Asia

Moving this to today's condo:

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Asia will let you know what she thinks about the increase soon enough. Surf safely little one :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

I have read that post, several times. I'm dosing based off the human meter and following the protocol with it, bar none. It just doesn't quell the thought that she might be in renal numbers regardless.

My crystal ball seems to be broken too, I think it's the cat interference waves :joyful:

5. Stacy & Asia

No doubt about that!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. I hope it brings blues and greens.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hope the dosecrease brings some more consistent greens and blues :D:cool:, I worry about the renal threshold too :nailbiting:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you did the right thing by increasing. Asia needs to spend more times in greens and blues.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  9. Stacy & Asia

390 to 323 in one hour Asia? So this is how you're gonna play today, huh?

10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the new dose does great things for Asia and she gets safely back in the blues and greens.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  11. Stacy & Asia

PMPS 207, I think I might see how this new dose works tonight :nailbiting:

12. Stacy & Asia

Just for anyone reading this, I always check what the markings on the syringe says when I'm using calipers to measure the dose, today's 2.25 shot measured on the syringe as a 1.5 unit shot! Not so disastrous as a shot measuring over the dose you want to give, but a huge difference as far as regulation goes, that would have been a large reduction if I wasn't using calipers and I wouldn't even have known (until her numbers shot up, and then I'd start thinking she needs an increase). o_O

Girlie's mom likes this.
  13. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

What kind of syringes do you use, Stacy? And what brand of calipers? I'm using the insulin ruler right now and the BD 1/2 unit syringers, but I'm thinking of giving calipers a go. I know that I was shocked at the dose difference according to the markings on the syringe vs. the insulin ruler, especially as Girlie's doses have always been so low from the start. Scary, eh? There's no way she was getting a consistent dose from just the syringe markings alone, as you said. Yikes!

14. Stacy & Asia

Very scary, and even if the calipers don't actually measure a proper 1 unit dose on the dot, if you make your measurements off maths alone using the calipers (say up and down in .25 increments from the original 1 unit you measure with the calipers) the dosing will always be consistent and that matters more than an arbitrary unit marking.

I use the BD u100 3/10mL cc 8mm 31 gauge with half unit markings and the calipers everyone in the states seems to get from Harbor Freight (I bought mine on Amazon though).

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like all is in order here. Carry on!
    Asia, let's see some blue tonight.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  16. Stacy & Asia

+3.5 80, go little greenbean go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.