11/16 Walter AMPS 473 +3 385 +12 55 PMPS (+13) 316 +2 575

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Good morning, do you mean when you tried to login to the message board you you got an error message? Every morning around this time, there's a scheduled maintenance and the board is not available for a few minutes. :)

3. Zelda & Walter

Yes but it doesn’t happen only in the morning. If I try to enter date/name/ dose info— I receive a message that says enter valid title. This only happens when I try to format as above though I tried to lead with Walters’s name (rather then date) and I didn’t work. I think it might be the AMPS/PMPS number but that’s throwing it off.

4. Sonia & Leo

Do you mean when you are creating or editing a thread and entering Walters numbers? Like the one I'm creating for Leo?
    upload_2019-11-16_7-49-10.png

5. Sonia & Leo

Hmmm, it shouldn't. It doesn't really matter how you format your thread title but we usually start with the date, kitties name amps # or +# or pmps #.
    The only time I recall seeing the message "enter valid title" is if I'm creating a PM (privated message) and forget to put a tittle in.

Can you try editing your title with Walters info and see if it works now? Because your thread was properly created it's just the information that I mentioned above that's missing, such as the date, Walter's name and AMPS numbers.

6. Zelda & Walter

yes

7. Zelda & Walter

Ok— thank you—will give this a try.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Zelda & Walter

9. Zelda & Walter

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Sonia & Leo

Welcome, just go to Thread Tools and click on the little pointing down arrow and choose edit titles. Good luck!

11. Sonia & Leo

Yell if you need more help, it takes a while to get used to all this! :joyful:

12. Sonia & Leo

Perfect! :bighug:
    Now we'll ask Marje to get rid of the extra post from earlier. @Marje and Gracie when you get a sec can you delete Walter's double post please! Thank you!

13. Zelda & Walter

Thanks everyone. Sorry for being such a Luddite.

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I merged them :)

Thanks, everyone!

Welcome to the forum Walter and Walter’s mom (is your name Zelda?). We are happy to have you here.

There is a learning curve to using the forum so don’t worry. This post might help a bit. Let us know any questions.

Sue and Luci and Sonia & Leo like this.
  15. Sonia & Leo

Not at all!!! :joyful::joyful::joyful:
    There's so much to take in! Read the post that Marje gave you above, it should help a lot. And just keep asking questions, there's no dumb questions here, we've all been in your shoes and everyone is happy to help! :bighug:

16. Zelda & Walter

Hi— Walters’s PMPS is 59. Should I skip tonight’s dose? Decrease? Any advice is much appreciated.

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hold on I’m looking at the SS

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Are you able to monitor tonight with HC food if needed and plenty of test strips? If yes I would shoot and get a +1 and then a +2. And post.

Eta : you are using a AT2 meter. Don’t shoot! He earned a reduction.

19. Zelda & Walter

Yes, good with test strips and can monitor tonight. So should I stay with the same amt?

20. Bobbie And Bubba

If you can stall 30 minutes from shot time. And what method are you following TR OR SLGS?

21. Bobbie And Bubba

See my ETA. Don’t shoot. You are using a AT2 and the take action number is 68.

22. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Bobbie And Bubba - I'd stall for 30 min and retest. Please do NOT feed Walter.

You'll need to reduce the dose to 2.0u,

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I'd like to see numbers rising substantially before you shoot.

24. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

For tomorrow, we ask members to open one thread each day for their cat. This is a big forum. It's helpful to have all of your information for the day in one thread. You opened a thread earlier today for Walter. This is the link the previous thread.

Tomorrow, when you open your thread for the day, copy and paste the location of this thread from the top of your browser to the new thread so everything is linked together.

The basic rule is one thread per cat per day.

25. Zelda & Walter

Ok— panicked and feed Walter 1/2 can of FF salmon with gravy. Should I still hold off on shooting?

26. Bobbie And Bubba

Now that you fed him, can you wait 2 hours to retest and if he is over 68 you can shoot knowing that the next shot is 12 hours from then. We want to make sure that the number you shoot in 2 hours isn’t good influenced and make sure you give the reduction to 2 units.

27. Zelda & Walter

Thank you. Will do.
    Am confused about the thread instructions— will try to figure it out.

28. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

How about seeing where he's at in an hour? Test in an hour and tag Bobbie and I and let's see how he's doing.

The bottom line is that your PMPS is not a shootable number on an AT meter. You can skip when you get a dose reduction range number at pre-shot.

Could you also update your spreadsheet?

29. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Glad to see your post today Zelda! I hope Walter has a good day/evening as well...

I think I saw another post today? or was it from another day? No date on that one...hopefully they'll be merged at some point with this one.. We're only allowed one post per day.

30. Bobbie And Bubba

My above post should have said “food influenced” not good influenced. Sorry I’m on my iPhone and there is some typos.

31. Bobbie And Bubba

Good plan. He’s most likely going to start a bounce from the lower preshot number. I’ll check in an hour so please post your number in 1 hour.

32. Zelda & Walter

Ok—to confirm: I should post his BG in 1hr— test again the next hr— and then — assuming that his BG has increased, give him 2u?

33. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes , test in one hour and post. And depending on that number you might be shooting a reduced dose of 2 u

34. Zelda & Walter

Got it— thanks.

35. Bobbie And Bubba

Hey there, I just peeked at your SS and looks like he’s 316 @+1. That’s quite a hike up and more that a food bump. If you can get a test in before you go to bed, I think you’ll be fine to shoot 2 units.

Do you work outside of the home? There is some gaps in the spread sheet (SS) and the dosing has not been consistent. Try to get as much data as you can so we can see how low 2 units takes him.

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.
  36. Zelda & Walter

Hi— so I should wait for a few hrs and then test again before I shoot the 2u? Can I feed him more food after he gets his shot? He’s still hungry.
    Yes, I work during the week but will be home all day tomorrow and will test him throughout the day.
    Thank you!

37. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

By any chance, did. you retest that 55? Any time I would get a "surprising" number, I would get another test to make sure it wasn't a bad strip or bad test.

If you are going to shoot, I would shoot now. If you delay a shot, your next dose is due 12 hours later. If you wait too long, it will be hard, if not impossible, for you to get back on schedule on Monday.

38. Bobbie And Bubba

You can go ahead and shoot 2 units now and get a test in before you go to bed to see how he’s doing . I’m glad you’re home tomorrow to test.

39. Zelda & Walter

No—I didn’t but next time I will. Good advice— thanks.

40. Zelda & Walter

Thanks— will do. Glad I’m home tomorrow too. I’ll test every 2hrs after AM shot. Will keep the SS updated.

41. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Since you shot an hour late today, you have 2 options to get back on schedule. You can shoot 30 min early once a day or you can shoot 15 min early at each shot time until. your back on schedule.

42. Zelda & Walter

Ok to feed him again tonight?

43. Zelda & Walter

Ok— thanks.

44. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, feeding several small meals a day is preferable than just 2 times a day. To optimize the Lantus, give those smaller meals prior to +6 as to not put the brakes on the insulin. But, of course if he is dropping and you need to steer after the +6 do feed him.

45. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

How late did you shoot tonight? While the posts indicated an hour, the time stamps looked more like two. I just want to be sure you record it correctly in the SS.

Also, I merged your two posts again for today. If you look at post 14 above, I linked the instructions for how to post on this forum :) Anytime you see a blue color like that, it means there is a link embedded so just click on the blue and it will take you to what you need to read, But....we do one thread (condo) per cat per day with all your questions and posts in that condo. I also updated the subject line so you can see the format for that.

Let us know your questions and, if you can tell me how late you shot, I’ll help you update your SS. Thank you.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  46. Zelda & Walter

Thank
    I shot at 8:15 last night.
    I’ve read the instructions about the threads but I don’t understand the linking instructions about consolidating from one day to another.

47. Sonia & Leo

Hi Zelda,

I hope this helps. Basically what you’re doing, is going to yesterday’s thread and linking it to today’s thread. You do this by copying “yesterday’s” URL (link) and then pasting that link into “today’s” thread.

I always try to do this first thing when I’m creating my new daily thread so I don’t forget. If you do forget, it’s not the end of the world because copying “yesterday’s” link can be done at any time but it’s best that it be at the top of your current thread to make it more visible and easier for you and anyone else to find. The following instructions should help you to to create a new thread and link "yesterday's" thread into it. If you're still having difficulties, let us know where you ran into trouble and we'll get it sorted out. Good luck!!! :):):)

Instructions

From the main Lantus page, find your thread from yesterday and click on it to open it.

Look up at the very top of your screen and you should see something like this: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/etc... This is your URL (link).

Put your cursor on that line at the end of the URL text and left click once, it should now be highlighted.

Without moving your cursor off that line, right click and you should see a drop-down menu.

Click “copy” from that drop-down menu.

The link (URL) should now be in your computer’s memory.

Go back to the main Lantus page and go to the top right of the page and click on “Post new thread”.

You should see a “create thread” box where you can enter your title (the date, your kittie’s name and BG numbers). In the larger box underneath, type in “yesterday” or “previous” and highlight this word.

With the word highlighted, click on the icon that resembles a chain link and the Link box will open up.

With your cursor in that box next to URL: right click to see the drop-down menu and click “paste”.

You should now see your link from yesterday’s thread next to URL:

Choose “insert” and the link will have been created.

You will notice the word “yesterday” or “previous” will be in blue text instead of black, meaning it’s a “link”.

And you’re done!

Continue by inputting your tittle (date, kitty’s name, and BG numbers)

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  48. Zelda & Walter

Thank you. I’m trying to do this on my IPad— will let you know if I can make it work.

Krystina & Nelli and Sonia & Leo like this.
  49. Sonia & Leo

Ooops that probably changes things! Good luck!!!