11/17/2019 Mowgli AMPS 198 +1 239 +3 200 +5 227 +7 268 +11 274 PMPS 288 +1 277

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Nov 17, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

11/16/2019

A nice blue start for Mowgli this morning which was awesome. I think last night giving Friskies might have slowed him down a bit... or it could have been that finally the 1.25u depot has gone. I haven't been giving Friskies for about a week because I am not sure if that was making him vomit or not. I have three theories about why he was vomiting so often:
    1. I had started feeling him boiled chicken breast, which he isn't used to. I wanted to give him more protein without forking out a fortune for higher quality cat food.
    2. He could have had a hairball blockage, there are many occurrences of hair balls around the house so there could have been a time where he had a blockage caused by his overgrowing
    3. Friskies... although he has eaten it often in the past without issue.
    Since I stopped Friskies and chicken he has stopped having liquid vomits, but like I said there have been a high occurrence of hairballs which also could have 'unblocked' his system. I am going to have find some higher %carb LC fancy feast in case it was friskies making him sick and I have a vet appt booked for Wednesday to follow up on his diabetes and his excessive overgrooming

ANYWAY! looks like a lemon cycle today so lets see what happens at PMPS ;)

Hope everyone has had a great weekend :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I am happy the vomiting has stopped! I hope you are able to figure out his overgrooming...poor guy! I ordered the EZ Egg Yolk from Food Fur Life to help with my blacks hairball issues. It will also add some protein, so maybe an option for Mowgs?

Have a great Sunday!

AmandaE likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I wonder if the flat yellow today will mean action tonight? I'm glad Mowgli has stopped vomiting.

AmandaE likes this.
  4. AmandaE

I’ve read other people use the same! I’ll look it up Amy, thanks for the suggestion! And I would love to add some extra protein to his diet: double win!

5. AmandaE

I was wondering the same Carla, I was also wondering if having my nieces and nephew here the last 20 hours might have given his BGs a stress induced bump haha I’ll get A +11 and see if they’re up or down ;)

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good news on the puke-report. I know exactly how you feel!

I hope Mowg's comes down from that lemon tree soon...gotta be getting crowded up there :rolleyes:

Flat yellow - here it comes Amanda!

AmandaE likes this.
  7. AmandaE

I’ve had a bit of a nap to prepare myself!! I’m dreading his +11 I hope he isn’t pink!!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Glad the vomiting has stopped. Sometimes we never know what has caused what. Very frustrating.
    Hope Mowgli decides to come down and surfs safely.

AmandaE likes this.