11/17 Boomer AMPS 140 +3 92 PMPS 149 +3 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 140 shooting 2.0u

Last night I fed Boomer his +3 on a plate before I went to bed and I had set up the old 2 dish auto feeder for +6 and +9. I dislike this auto feeder because I can't control when he eats his food so I have no way of knowing whether the AMPS is food influenced.
    At +6 (2:00) Boomer was crying at the door. I let him cry for a few times and then got up. I walked to the kitchen, pointed at the auto feeder, and said to him "there's your fuds, eat" and went btb. He stood there and looked at me like I had lost my mind lol. A minute or two later he was back at the door crying and I raised my head just enough that I could see him and he could see me (I gave him one of those looks usually saved for husbands and teenagers) and then I laid back down. He jumped up on the bed, gave me a couple of headbutts, then laid down at the end of the bed. And I went back to sleep and this morning I actually feel human for the first time in several days.

Allen is eating only a wee bit at a time. DH reminded me yesterday that Allen liked having parmesan cheese sprinkled on his food....I had forgotten about that so I've been able to get him to eat a wee bit more. But I know he's lost weight just in the last few days so I will talk to Dr Larry about an appetite stimulant.

The ionized calcium results finally came in yesterday and his result is once again within normal range. The last Pred was given the evening of the 14th so I'm hoping to see some improvement in him soon; he's still very weak.

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Yay for feeling human again! Boomer has you trained well, but I believe you will prevail. ;)

Hope Allen gains some weight and some strength very soon. :bighug:

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Boomer. Nice that you got some sleep last night. I hope you can get Allen to eat more. Sending prayers.

4. Judy and Boomer

Forgot to mention....I may have found a solution to end Allen's slobbering after we give him his meds. This morning I tried dabbing a bit of butter on his mouth. He had already started drooling but he didn't seem to drool any further after that. Replace a nasty taste with a good one.

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That's clever, I will have to remember this! Glad it helped stop the drool monster.

6. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know about that, what are the odds? I'll take some action.

Stacy & Asia and Judy and Boomer like this.
  7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie yesterday Boomer! Glad you were able to get some sleep Judy. Sure he did think you lost it with that :mad: look :p:p, poor Booms.

Good thinking with the butter and parm cheese, hope Allen enjoyed it. Mega vines and prayers for your sweet boy :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

And the one he gave you back ????? Lol glad you got some sleep

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Judy, for what it’s worth, my experience with my animals and pred were the same as what Allen is experiencing....it takes many days for pred to clear the system , whether animal or human . Prayers that it will clear soon and sweet Allen will get his appy and vigor back :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Stacy & Asia and Judy and Boomer like this.
  10. Judy and Boomer

Thanks for the info....I know it's only been a couple of days but I hate seeing him so weak! I guess I have to put my patience pants on!

11. Judy and Boomer

yeah poor Booms :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  12. Judy and Boomer

Well, it seemed to stop the drool this morning. We'll see whether it works tonight lol

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  13. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I can hear Boomer, Uhh, Hello?? You know you have to stir and watch. What's your problem?! Stay strong Judy, you've got him on the ropes! :smuggrin:
    Glad you got some good rest. Hope Allen feels better with each passing day. :bighug:

14. Judy and Boomer

15. Judy and Boomer

16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Strength and good appetite vines for Allen.
    Be cooperative vines for Boomer.

Lots of good sleep vines for you, Judy!!

p.s. the butter story is neat. Rusty ignores butter, but Stu was crazy about it. If we left it out on the table, there would soon be a big tongue-lick the entire length of the stick of butter. (and a satisfied cat, sitting innocently by :cat:)

18. Judy and Boomer

The meds we need to give Allen for his hypercalcemia has to be followed with 2 syringes of water and butter to promote swallowing. So that's how I came up with the butter idea. It did seem to work this morning; hopefully that wasn't a fluke.

19. Judy and Boomer

We picked up some mirtazapine for Allen and he had his first dose a bit over an hour ago. He's been eating pretty steadily ever since.

20. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for Allen eating!

21. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 149 shooting 2u
    And I gave Allen a bit of butter right after his diazoxide and again he didn't drool. So YAY:joyful::joyful:

MyTitan (GA) and Stacy & Asia like this.
  22. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice report for both boys!!

23. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.