11/17 Govie +8.5 255/ pmps 317/+2 272

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Govies mom (Karen), Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Govies mom (Karen)

Govies mom (Karen) Well-Known Member

I realize that when a cat has higher BG numbers, they always want to eat and act like they're starving sometimes. Today for the first time in I can't even remember how long, Govie is meowing by her Bowl. Now it is not Meal Time and I know that when their numbers are higher their body will make them feel like they want to eat, but they don't really need to. Because her numbers have been higher which I don't understand why, what do I do in a case when she's meowing to eat should I feed her?? I know that'll only raise her BG.. any advice is always appreciated thank you

2. rawia

rawia Member

As long as you are feeding low carb you can free feeding small meals during the day. Remember that high sugar level make them starving and there is no reason not to feed her. I used to feed my cat every 3 hours and even after het BG is regulated still feeding small meals. Feel free to feed her but just be sure not to feed her at least 2 hours before the shot to make sure she will eat before her insulin.

Govies mom (Karen) likes this.
  3. Govies mom (Karen)

4. Govies mom (Karen)

I checked the meter with the control solution and it's good. I tried the YA zero mature bc many people have seen a reduction in the numbers. My 'dry food addict' civvie is happy with it, but Govie's numbers seem to have risen and aren't coming down. Again, I'm not sure, it's just another thing to analyze

5. rawia

rawia Member

I am feeding my cat YA mature and it does not change her BG at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.