11/18/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=133, +3=79, +4=88, +5=110

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Nov 18, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

11/17

AMPD=292

:(

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday :bighug:

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bring it on down Gizmo
    Have a great day Lizzie

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

What a beautiful surf Gizmo had yesterday! I hope he gets over that bounce quickly and gets back to those prettier numbers. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday as well Lizzie!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo keeps heading down for you today.

5. LizzieInTexas

How long after they pee can you test the urine? Before it needs to be refrigerated?

I am off to collect the sample he just left in the non-absorbent sand but can't do test at this exact moment. Maybe in 30 min. Can I collect and just let it sit until I can test?

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Do you mean for a ketones test? At the lab a urine sample is good up to 2 hours at room temperature. The urine is okay for up to 8 hours in the fridge. I don't think it would be a problem to test the urine in 30 minutes. In my experience, the ketones test is not one that changes frequently with the temperature/time from collection. That was more for bacteria and pH values.

7. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

I don't think I have ever actually ever seen Mandarin pee in the box (he likes his privacy) and it takes him even longer to use non-absorbent litter. I usually check the box every hour or so when I need a sample, but there's a good chance that his urine has been sitting there for a while. I don't think that's ever been a problem.

8. LizzieInTexas

It is for these. I bought from Amazon. You have to get readings at 30 sec, 40 sec, 60 sec and 90 secs. I am going to use a timer and camera and try and capture all the readings.

20181118_080942.jpg

Got the sample stored in test tube in bathroom right now.

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lizzie, what I do to not feel rushed is to put urine on a strip, read first few categories then put urine on a second strip and read the remaining categories . That 30, 40, 60 seconds stuff can be a bit stressful to me :bookworm:

10. Amanda and a Loudogg

Nice! I didn't know you could get full dipsticks from Amazon. Hopefully they designed the key on the bottle well enough that the earlier timed results should be at the bottom or top and they should go in order by time up/down the bottle. It's a lot, but hopefully you'll be able to catch what you need in time. I'm spoiled at work, we have an analyzer read the strips. But I had to read by hand in school, so I know how hard it can be. It gets easier with practice.

11. LizzieInTexas

ok, here are the results. Ignore the glucose - the test tube wasn't "tall" enough and that patch didn't get urine.

What do you all think?

30 sec.JPG
    40 sec.JPG
    60 sec.JPG
    120 sec.JPG
    key.JPG

12. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Good job Gizmo! Lets see some more green today :D

Have a Lovely Sunday :)

13. LizzieInTexas

Weight 10# 8 1/2oz :arghh::arghh:

I can't get ahead of the weight loss.

14. Amanda and a Loudogg

Unfortunately, it's really hard for me to tell, with the low, yellow light and without the strip up against the key. When you read, you hold the strip right up to the key so you can note even the slightest color changes. While the colors are not exact matches on the negative for ketones, the lack of color change on the strip tells me the ketones are likely negative. On the negative side, it looks like blood and leukocytes are positive. The nitrites are negative, which is reassuring. It also looks like the protein value might be positive. While positive leukocytes are not automatically indicative of a UTI, it could be a UTI even with the negative nitrites. Blood can be indicative of different things, including crystals or even a UTI. Obviously I'm not a vet so I can't say anything for sure. :blackeye:

15. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Head down Gizmo.

16. LizzieInTexas

@Amanda and a Loudogg
    Thank you :bighug:

It was just an exercise this morning. I may try again tomorrow when it is peaceful (read no hubby around) :rolleyes:

At least I know I can get urine without Cystocentesis. He has a "spot" in his bladder that we suspect is bleeding or causes bleeding. It was first seen on ultra sound during Cystocentesis and again when doing full abdominal u/s. It could have been a blood clot from a previous Cystocentesis or something "else". That was 6 months ago. It did show blood flow so vet is unsure what it is without biopsy.

Visually the urine was yellow and clear with no tinge of pink to it. One time it was very red :eek:.

I still need to know how much urine the vet/lab needs to run their tests - anyone know? The test tubes I have are 5mL. I could have easily filled 4-5 with the pee this morning.

Seriously considering bw/urinalysis sometime this week.

17. Amanda and a Loudogg

Oh that's good to know! I'm glad there's a known reason for it (although obviously not glad that he has that overall). If the vet uses equipment like we do at my lab, you can do a lot with minimal amount of urine. I would say 1mL at absolute minimum (enough to dip a UA stick), 5mL would be okay, but I would try to get them at least 10mL. It's just easier to work with more. ;)

18. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

When they give me the vial to fill up, the line to fill up to is at about 5mL

19. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=133

History:
    AMPS=292, +3=229, +5=152, +11=159