11/19 Boomer AMPS 221 +3 209 PMPS 140 +3 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 221 shooting 2u
    And there's that token yellow he has to hit at every dose :rolleyes:

Boomer woke us up twice last night! First time just after 2:00; I went to the kitchen, pointed to his bowl and told him to eat his fuds. He did. Then he woke us at 5:00. I was doing a good job of ignoring him but DH got up and stirred his food. :rolleyes: If anyone has any ideas on how to break Boomer of this habit please feel free to share!

Allen's still not feeling very well although he does seem to be walking a bit better and he did ask for food a few times yesterday. But he eats only a wee bit at a time. And this is day 3 without a poop and of course the vet is closed today. I think he needs fluids but every time we've attempted it we've been unsuccessful but Allen is a lot weaker now so perhaps I can persuade DH that we should try again. And he can have another mirtazapine this afternoon.

2. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

In my experience, Titan yowls, Seamus scratches at the closed door till we get up, these precious furballs of ours have us trained and they figured out Pavlov better than us. I doubt you can break him. Sending lots of healing vines for Allen. Prayers he can get better.

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I think you're on the right track, you've gotten him to eat with a point and a stern look rather than a stir, that's progress (now tell DH no more stirring). ;) You just have to out stubborn him until you win! Yes, it could take a long time, but the most stubborn one always wins! :joyful:

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Healing vines for Allen. :bighug:
    You have made progress with Boomer, I think you just need to stick to your guns. It's going to take longer than you thought...

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s already gotten you trained. I think once that happens it’s a battle to train them,lol.

Does the mirt work? Has you ever tried a different appy stimulant like cyproheptadine? It worked for all of mine, even Tiffany with cancer who didn’t get an appy with pred. :bighug:

6. Judy and Boomer

I've only used mirtazapine before....I had a kitty Snickers who had CKD and would occasionally lose her appy.....it was actually too strong for her, it made her hyper....but her appy would be good for at least 24 hours. With Allen.....it seemed to last only a couple of hours.

7. Judy and Boomer

8. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

This really doped Gizmo up. So much so it scared me. He almost couldn't walk on it but it amp him up. I know ECID but just thought I would share.

9. Judy and Boomer

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Mirt made Tiffany so hyper and vocal it didn’t work more than a day. Another ECID, lol.

11. Judy and Boomer

Mirt made my Snickers hyper as well.

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think it will just take time with Boomer to undo those habits. Sending prayers for Allen.

13. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

He was so out of it he tried to scratch his face with his hind leg and couldn't coordinate it so his hind leg was scratching at the air. I laughed but it was scary. Gizmo gets vocal on Mirtz but also loving and purry. His appy is great for 3 days or so. I have only given a very few times as a last resort.

14. Judy and Boomer

YAY I found a vet assistant that lives not too far away and she came over and assisted us to give fluids to Allen.

15. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 140 shooting 2u
    Hmmm he's come down all day so I think I'll grab a +1

16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

A +1 sounds like a good plan!

I'm glad you found someone who could help with Allen's fluids. Is he feeling any better? Our prayers continue....

17. Judy and Boomer

+1 149
    A small food bump

18. Judy and Boomer

He's not as weak as he was; his legs are nearly as wobbly. He's eating a bit here and there but even with the mirtazapine he's not eating a lot. And he hasn't pooped in 3 days so if he doesn't go overnight I'll have to contact Dr Larry tomorrow.

19. Judy and Boomer

+3 67
    he did it to me again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.