11/19 Govie +7 293/ pmps 189/+1 163

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Govies mom (Karen), Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Govies mom (Karen)

Govies mom (Karen) Well-Known Member

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new syringes. :cat:

Looking at the SS, it looks like you didn't get PS test in the last few days. I can't stress enough how important that is. You need to know if she is on the rise or decline and if it's safe to shoot. Please don't be remiss with always getting a PS number. And any more test in during the PM cycle would be good too. Since she hit blue last night at @ 2.5, it would have been good to know how low the dose took her last night. I do understand it's hard when you go to bed early and work outside the house but, what ever you can get would help shed some light and help you with dosing. She has been on this dose for 9 days and without some more info, you could be holding the dose too long.

3. Govies mom (Karen)

You know I tried different food changing the food different syringes meal times so much reading I'm having trouble where my mind just goes blank and I can't even think straight I think it's taking its toll on me not that I can't handle it but it's on top of everything else I got to try and handle myself. If it weren't for my friend I wouldn't even have insulin as I'm on SSI and have zero extra money. So that's what I've been pretty fortunate and I know God watches over us but it is stressing me and the reason I missed the last three mornings as I never got up till noon which I don't want to say I'm in depression but I know I'm just not doing too well right now

4. Govies mom (Karen)

Okay so I injected 1.5 tonight with the 8mm needles. She threw up right after eating right in the dish.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Karen, this FD takes it's toll on a lot of us and the sleep deprivation is the worse! I haven't had more than 3 straight hours of sleep in over 2 years. Sigh. I am sorry that you are not doing well. Take care of your self first and get all the rest you can. But, please test before you inject.

The throwing up right after she ate: sounds like a scarf and barf......eating too fast then throwing it up. Have you tried putting her bowl up higher on top of some books or I take a ceramic bowl and invert it and set the dish on. The height helps the position of the esophagus and slows that down. Or you can try giving her small amounts, a tsp or so, waiting a few minutes then dole out some more. That technique is helping me with my civvie.

6. Govies mom (Karen)

actually yeah I had her dish raised but she seemed like she didn't like it I'll try it again though. But guess what I'm hitting this reply to answer your quote here I just going to go on yesterday's condo so just letting you know I'm going to put a new condo on for today after I'm done replying to you now however after using a longer needle last night I went from 293 to 189,163 and 2days amps of 133!!!!! I mean I'm thinking it had to be the needles the length of those needles I probably wasn't getting enough insulin in her cuz she had almost 3 weeks of in the 300s

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.