11/19 Ovie PMPS:370

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KATIE&ovie, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad he sorted out that bounce for you! Yay for feeling good!

It's been my experience with Asia that it's cumulative how they feel. In the beginning, Asia wasn't bothered at all with the high numbers and in fact, she was happiest in pinks and sleepy in too low numbers (or blacks). As time has gone on and she's spent more time in blues and greens, now she feels great there and even with a cycle or two in not so awesome numbers, the good feels carry over a bit and sustain her through the bounces.

Ovie is a good boy, he's really responded well to insulin right off that bat and that's fantastic! :cat:

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  3. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

That's kind of how Ov is too. He seems most happy in the yellows. Greens,
    Red and black he's sleepy.

Before starting the insulin he was really a couch potato unless he was on the porch. Now he explores the house and chases us around when he's feeling good. He's mega alert now too when he's awake. He just stares lol.

I'm so happy this forum is here.:bighug:

I see Asia is having a good morning :cat: I see green in her future.

Gill & George and Stacy & Asia like this.
  4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Paws crossed for some beach action.

Cycle 6 since he last saw green:)

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  5. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

That's right. :)

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hard to top frisky felines! So glad he's feeling good, cuz he's sure looking good!!

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  7. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

Thank you Alicia! :cat:

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  8. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

Ovie ran out the door when my dad let their dog in the yard. It's hard living in a house with so many people right now. Lol.

Ovie is like Houdini. As a former feral kitty, Ovie can be slick and will scoot between your legs and skidaddle. You won't even know he left.. unless you are looking out for him.

He came back just in time for his +2. His BG was 81. Must have been the romp outdoors.

He got a LC snack after that reading and he retreated to the couch for a nap.

Now to figure out how to keep him indoors. I hate to confine him to a room. But I do worry he will get out and become Hypoglycemic and confused.

9. Gill & George

Well right on cue cleared his bounce and made it back to green:D, hope he surfs the blues for a while this morning.

I'd be too worried to let him out, so much to go wrong. Does he like playing? perhaps some mentally stimulating cat games can get rid of excess energy and take his mind of the outdoors, I find this works well for my young civie.

10. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

He isn't much of a player. He lays on his back or side and bats at toys. He loves to chase lizards but that's the extent of him playing. I don't know if it's bc he was apart of a feral colony the first 6 years of his life and toys aren't as fun as catching live prey. My husband calls him murder cat bc that's used to be the only time you saw him frolicking lol.

He likes cat nip. I've tried to spice up his toys.. but he just eats it and lays down lol. Cats:rolleyes:

Stacy & Asia and Gill & George like this.
  11. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

+6.5: 138:cool:

Stacy & Asia and Gill & George like this.
  12. Toro & Ovi

Toro & Ovi Member

If outdoors is what he enjoys, why not let him enjoy life?
    Keeping them safe is nice, but at what cost?
    Hunting lizards must be fun !
    Being active is an important part of fighting the diabetes, I only wish to see Toro staying outdoors as more as he did until few years back.........

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  13. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

It's fun to watch him hunt lizards. he really enjoys it. The porch unfortunately has a some screens out because of Hurricane Irma that need repair. He slips out through the bottom screen.

Before the hurricane though he was out on the porch all day and loved it.

My parents neighborhood has some feral Tom cats that roam around. Ovie doesnt defend himself. He lays down like a kitty pancake. Lol! That's how he came to to be an indoor kitty. He was attacked pretty bad by another kitty.

14. Gill & George

Poor sweet boy.
    I hope you're able to get the screens repaired so he can enjoy some porch time.

KATIE&ovie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.