11/2 Ravan/amps87/+4 229/+8 218/pmps327/+5 256/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Dec 2, 2019.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. JoyBee&Ravan

Ravan is getting a bit of green but is still higher than usual. I'll wait & see what he's up to. He's in charge,not me! :cat:
    [​IMG]

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Ravan. I hope he keeps surfing for you.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Beautiful start Ravan! You worked your way right back to that lagoon. You must have the path memorized!:D
    I hope you have a lovely day Joy!

Sonia & Leo and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Ravan, I think you look handsome in the appropriate color today. Joy - I'm counting my blessings today and count you too:bighug::bighug:
    Staying positive is our choice, and you can kick me at the right times; should have kicked me yesterday, haha!!
    Have a beautiful Monday:)

6. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko
    What is my Ravan doing? He went from 87 to 229 today. His lab work was good on 11/21. Kidney values improved along with some other things I was concerned about.Vet gave him a thorough exam & said everything look great.

What might cause his BG to go up when he was regulated on .5 for months?

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like a bounce to me. Any chance he slipped down to visit the sharks this morning between AMPS and +4? Might need to get some extra tests to find out if his nadir has changed..looks like he's been slipping down a bit here and there...sneaking out the back window like he did on 11/28...

8. JoyBee&Ravan

It's been a long time since he bounced. His BG seems to be all over the place. a few weeks ago he had a 38 at +2 !!

He's really tired of being poked. He gets up & goes to hide when he sees me walking toward him. My poor Ravan is very tired of the pokes & any supplements I put in his mouth. He either spits it out or vomits.

After losing Peggy Sue I just don't want to make Ravan miserable. :( He won't even come to my bed to sleep anymore. Makes me so sad. His 4 brothers & sisters are gone I don't want to lose him also or to make him avoid me.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear he's hiding...try giving him something good to come to you about - skip a poke and give a treat instead...just a thought...poor thing...

10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

This sounds like a very good idea, for both of you.
    I hope Ravan calms and lowers too. It really is true that emotions or seemingly simple changes can affect BG. Wishing you good rest when the time comes, Joy.

JoyBee&Ravan and Sue and Luci like this.
  11. JoyBee&Ravan

I'm still having a very difficult time with losing Peggy Sue. Can't stop crying,I miss her so much. I'm sure it's affecting Ravan & Alice also. It does not get any easier the older I get. My house feels so empty since she died.
    Now I'm very worried about Ravan & Alice leaving me also.

This is so unlike me. When I was younger I handled things a lot better. I was stronger. Now I feel so alone.
    I still get up during the night crying ,thinking of all the time I spent with my Peggy Sue.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

You sound so much like me. I grieve long and hard, even though my brain knows the affirmative and optimistic side also. In terms of grieving time, it hasn't been long since Peggy Sue left. It's ok to still feel the way you do IMO, but I am not be the best example of moving on quickly. Sadly, I agree, loss doesn't seem to get any easier even though we have more experience.
    I hope you aren't missing Yoga or workout opportunities too often;)

13. JoyBee&Ravan

I can barely leave the house. Crying too much. Thanks for your support.:bighug:

14. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

I do understand. If the weather were decent, you could walk for exercise (since it helps the mind) and wouldn't have to see people. I'm with you in spirit:bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan and Sonia & Leo like this.
  15. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Peggy Sue was a cherished part of your family for a very long time, it's only natural that you're still missing her so much, your heart was broken and it takes time to heal.
    I'm so sorry Joy. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Honestly, looking at at what a cat does in a single cycle is a mugs game. Look at the general overall picture, not just a single cycle. Many things can cause a cycle of odd numbers. Bounce (maybe get some earlier tests in the PM), scary noise, a bit of moms food, squabble with Alice, constipated, hairballs, cause he’s a cat? When it happened to me, I just threw up my arms and spent the rest of the day doing something for me, sounds like you could use a day like that. :bighug:

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

18. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Goodnight Joy, I hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  19. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member