11/20 Gizmo PMPS 139, +1=160, +2=166, +3=202, +4=205, +8=247

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Has he already had more than he normally eats? You could give him the whole normal +6 snack, or give him just another teaspoon, to keep him hungry just in case.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Bobbie and I simulposted! Hahaha! Glad we are on the same page!:) ( I had good teachers)
    Dyana has a good point too.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think Gizmo is surfing safely, but Dyana has a good point. Just in case, you may want to just feed a little now in case he needs to eat later.

4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

No. He is probably about 1-1.5oz shy of "normal". I was pretty conservative on the teaspoons this morning while trying to keep him up. Didn't want to go overboard and wanted him to stay low (not drive him up) but just keep him safe.

I will just wait for now. He is sleeping contently right now. He won't starve.

5. LizzieInTexas

Dyana and Gussie's mom (GA) like this.
  6. Gussie's mom (GA)

7. LizzieInTexas

For historical purposes:
    11/20 Gizmo AMPS 59, +0.5=69, +1=63, +1.5=56, +2=50, +2.5=46, +3=66, +3.5=71, +4=78, +5=117, +6=108

+7 133

Going to test again at +9 and try and get a nap.

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wow Gizmo and Lizzie. Sunday's are suppose to be lazy days, yours certainly wasn't. Well done Lizzie.

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Well done Lizzie!!! And congratulations on your BOS, won in style if I may say saw, awesome job shooting and handling his cycle. I am sorry I missed it.
    So glad you saw green, what a difference couple of days make;)
    Glad your little man is feeling better.
    Hopefully he'll give you a decent Pmps, but don't be surprised if he bounces, his body isn't used to those greens so it woulnt be a surprise if he does.

10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Lizzie.

Looks like you and Gizmo did an awesome job after I abandoned you. I'm glad you got such awesome support from everyone, too.

Right as I was going to bed, I realized I'd neglected to give you the award you'd earned, but I see Carla remembered. Congrats on shooting your lowest number ever. It's always very scary, but can be very rewarding. :D

11. LizzieInTexas

12. LizzieInTexas

+9.75 Gizmo came looking for food. I gave him 5 freeze dry (rabbit) treats.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  13. LizzieInTexas

14. LizzieInTexas

+11 144

Ok, please talk me though tonight's shot and testing.

I am assuming that I shot 1.5U? Should I expect the same as drop at this morning? I know ya'll don't have crystal balls, just trying to get in the right frame of mind.

15. Gill & George

Hi Lizzie,
    nice to see Gizmo still in blue. Basically he seems to be surfing in those mid blues going into pmps.

To answer your question, usually we don't see them drop as fast or hard when the start off with a ps that is lower, so whereas last night he dived in the latter part of the cycle, with the bounce clearing that added to his downward momentum. That factor shouldn't come into play tonight.

If it were me, as long as I had strips and supplies and felt I could monitor him, then I would want to keep this momentum going and hold the dose at 1.5u. You took a reduction from the 1.75u this morning and I probably would want to see if he could hold this 1.5u dose, I wouldn't go for another dose change so soon, as that would be the 3rd in three cycles and changing the dose a lot can lead to the numbers getting a bit wonky and make it difficult to figure out what to do going forward.

How's your schedule over the next couple of days? Are you going to be able to monitor reasonably well? I know you said you have some concerns of how to keep him safe when you have to go to work.

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome day for Gizmo and great job handling those low numbers Lizzie! Can you remind me again why you are following SLGS? The guidelines in the SLGS document are not to shoot below 90, but you are testing more than enough for TR. Your signature says SLGS.

Depending on whether you are following SLGS or TR, the dose answer is different. SLGS says to immediately reduce if you see a below 90. TR would have you hold the 1.5U dose because that was probably depot talking today. But depending on how tired you are and whether you can monitor, have enough strips, high carb food and think he will eat, you have to decide whether you want to shoot full dose or a one time reduced dose to give yourself a break. My crystal ball is a little fogged up from the rain we are getting, but I think there's a decent chance he'll bounce tonight. Been a while since he's seen green, and that much of it. Of course, who know, maybe he'll be a cat tonight. :cat:

17. LizzieInTexas

That is the answer I was looking for! :) Looks like it will be a couch night for me. Much easier since he is sleeping downstairs primarily right now.

I am off until 11/28 so right now I am comfortable with TR. It will be different in a week.

Because of my work schedule. ^^see above^^

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good luck Lizzie and Gizmo for a nice surf tonight and some sleep for Lizzie!

19. Wendy&Neko

Good to know, maybe a temporary update in the signature? Enjoy the couch time with your boy. That is, if he's willing to join you there.

20. Gill & George

Lizzie, I should have also said that I won't be able to stay u with you, it's gone midnight here and I was just on my way to bed. But I will check in on you in the morning. That will be your +6.

Just get that +1 +2 which will give you some idea of where this cycle is heading.

May be an idea to clarify on the Sig block that you are following TR for now swapping to slgs when back to work, it'll help when it comes to offering you suggestions on how to proceed.

21. LizzieInTexas

Ok, HHHEEEAARRR WE GO!

PMPS 139

Will test +1

22. LizzieInTexas

Night Gill - Wishing you good rest.

I will update signature tomorrow.

History:
    +9=146, +10=140, +11=144

Gill & George likes this.
  23. Gill & George

Flat going into pmps:cool:

Nice shooting.

24. Gussie's mom (GA)

Nice Lizzy! Glad you chose a protocol!:)
    Remember that roller coaster analogy..
    ( shhhh but I'm secretly betting you will stick with TR next week...;))
    You've got this!:cat::bighug:

25. Gussie's mom (GA)

Remember to update your thread title if you have shot already and aren't looking for help still..or update it to the help you are:bighug:

26. LizzieInTexas

Next week definitely. Then I am back to work for three weeks and then off again 12/17/16 through 01/02/17!

Anyone going to be available tonight? I truly think I will be ok, but still a little nervous.

27. Gussie's mom (GA)

I'm home, can handle most of the encouragement part..been there, but always glad when pros are around to fix what I get wrong! :joyful::smuggrin:

28. LizzieInTexas

Glad to have you. IMO the student (you) has become the teacher.:bighug::bighug:

ETA - I am going to stay on the schedule 5:30-5:45 for now. I will work my way back to the earlier schedule towards the end of the week.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  29. Gussie's mom (GA)

Haha thanks, but I'm still not always sure and defer to the pros! They never steered Gussie and wrong!:cat: And he did bend the rules so sometimes it was a lively effort figuring out what the best next step was!:)

30. Gussie's mom (GA)

See you at +1:cat:

31. Bobbie And Bubba

I'll pop in for a few hours till I go to bed, ( I go early unless Bubba decides to do some funny stuff then we will have a cup of Joe together ;)) My guess is that he will start to creep up a bit due to bouncing from that gorgeous cycle today but, maybe not! You know exactly what to do but, it's always nice to have someone be up with you in the event of a PJ party. @Gussie's mom , she knows exactly what to do!

32. LizzieInTexas

Moral support is more than welcome!

33. Bobbie And Bubba

Lizzie, what kind of work do you do that you have this sort of schedule, if you don't mind me asking.

34. Gussie's mom (GA)

:bighug::bighug:Bobbie

35. LizzieInTexas

Looks like you were correct. Hopefully not too far of a creep up!

+1 160

back in an hour.

36. carfurby (GA)

Good job shooting. I hope Gizmo keeps surfing for you tonight and doesn't bounce.

37. Gussie's mom (GA)

Whisper in his ear that the trampoline is ok for a few bounces but then it's time to hop off and head back to the lagoon!

38. LizzieInTexas

39. Wendy&Neko

Flat is good. Maybe someone hid the trampoline on him? :cool: The night is young here - I'll be up for at least 5 hours and will keep an eye on you.

40. LizzieInTexas

I work in IT. I do purchasing/receiving (along with a slue of other duties). My hours are 7am-4:00pm. I just turned my work phone on for the first time tonight since Thursday evening. OMG. I had over 260 emails. There is no one that does my job when I am out (well, my boss half ass tries). I usually leave the house no later than 6:15a and that puts me there about 6:45. I work through lunch most days and leave right at 4:00pm. I can work remotely from home if I have to but there has been changes in management and they don't "compensate" for that any more so I have backed way off on that. Before I would be working 3-4 hours/day to stay up with all of it but if they don't want to work with me on flex time then I don't feel that I owe them any extra back. :p

I have been with the company 20 years (which provides 5 weeks vacation - that I am now trying to eat through before the end of the year) and we just went through three major layoffs (over 400 people worldwide) - so I am grateful for the job, but there is a limit. I also handle all my vendor AP account reconciliations and budget for my department and with YE coming it is a really busy time.

41. LizzieInTexas

Just hope he doesn't do the major a.m. dip he did this morning. We don't like trampolines here. :cat::bighug::bighug:

Back at +3

42. Bobbie And Bubba

It sounds like you have a certain amount of flexibility but not as much as you should have. It is understandable that you are grateful to have a job BUT don't
    want to be taken advantage of either. A fine balance.

43. LizzieInTexas

Exactly.
    ETA And some people abuse it and ruin it for those that don't so all suffer as a result.

44. Gussie's mom (GA)

I'll second a Bobbie here..it always brings by blood boil up when people tell me it's ok to have their hourly worth for hard work decreased to basically nothing thru more work and more hours because they are happy to have a job..that's a mindset that I hate having become normalized but it has sadly. Employers should be grateful they have a phenomenal worker...and not systematically short them to save a buck..I have a friend who has not had a raise in 14 years!! No not a typo, and their benefits have been cut and whittled away to basically non existent. And her workload has not gone down by any means...and that's what her co keeps telling her, at least you have a job, be grateful...does not make for happy employees..she won't do any favor overtime anymore either..
    I always ask would you have accepted this job at half the pay? Most say no way..Basically that's what has happened..argh! Showing my age I guess..

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  45. LizzieInTexas

+3 202

His auto feeder is scheduled to go off in 10 min - it is ok to let him snack - correct?

46. Bobbie And Bubba

It looks like it won't be an active cycle tonight. You and Gizmo can get a pokey break and I would give him his normal scheduled snacks for the night. See up in the AM. :cat:

47. LizzieInTexas

Nope, not showing your "age" - I strongly believe in a strong work ethic - but it works both ways. This year is the first year ever I did not get a raise. And don't even get me started about the benefits. We had Cadillac coverage up until about 5 years ago. And the company paid for 93%! Not anymore.

Houston has been fairly fortunate with the downturn in the economy but it is starting to catch up with us. Especially with oil & gas down turning. I am really hoping I can retire from this place, but I have my doubts - and if I could find a better job I would take it. The high level executives are not making good decisions for the company and its people right now (IMO).

48. LizzieInTexas

Thanks Bobbie - I will test one more time and probably still sleep on the couch and test around +9 or +10 just to make sure.

Night. Thanks for the advise and support. :bighug::bighug:

49. carfurby (GA)

Yes, you can let him snack. I'm heading to bed. Have a good night.

50. LizzieInTexas

Good night. Thanks a bunch. :bighug::bighug::cat:

51. LizzieInTexas

52. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gizmo is cruising!

53. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Gizmo, if you are thinking about having a big bounce, I have one piece of advice for you: :stop:! Don't do it, buddy! Just switch on your cruise control and stay riiiight there!

Lizzie, I can so empathize with your work situation. I had something similar: started as the office administrator with seven people reporting to me (four remotes and three on site). Over about six years the numbers decreased until finally it was two remotes and one on site, then none on site, which meant I not only had to do HR, AR/AP and IT for the office, but also ALL administrative duties myself - phones, mail, data entry, etc. I did not get a raise for the increase in duties, and I had virtually no backup - couldn't leave the office for lunch, was discouraged from taking vacations, etc. When, after almost 10 years of service, I was advised that they were revising some of our procedures and I would have additional duties added (and no increase in pay), I decided it wasn't worth the one hour (and sometimes longer) commute each way and resigned. Luckily, my hubby was by then making enough that we could survive on one salary, and my mother had recently passed, leaving me enough of an inheritance that we could pay off everything but the house and still have a nice little nest egg. Every time I hear a story like yours, I flash back and recall the lack of appreciation and frustration I experienced. I'm so sorry you are dealing with that now. I hope things improve for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

54. Gill & George

Glad you're having a restful night. :bighug::bighug:

55. Gussie's mom (GA)

Still cruising!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.