11/20 Govie amps 133/+4 172/+8 190/ pmps 192

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Govies mom (Karen), Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Govies mom (Karen)

Govies mom (Karen) Well-Known Member

2. Govies mom (Karen)

The 8mm needles really worked must have been the ticket.! And I never even pulled the food up 2 hours before this morning's test! Still got a 133 I hope it stays this way she's cleaning and preening this morning!

3. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you have a happy kitty and that she's making you a happy momma! :cat:

Govies mom (Karen) likes this.
  4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

How is Govie?

Yay for a low ps, but I hope you manage to get a test or two in the early part of the cycle.
    These lower than normal ps could do with some follow up. I know I must sound like a broken record, but please try and run a 12hour curve soon.

5. Govies mom (Karen)

I absolutely will as I stated in an earlier condo I wanted to wait till the food Change was in place and then we had the needle issue to deal with which I started last night so I am going to do a 12-hour curvy only question I have is if you run a 12 hour curve and each cycle is 12 hours and sometimes they go lower at night which is the best time to do the Curve?

6. Govies mom (Karen)

I'm keeping a watch

7. Govies mom (Karen)

Wow!!! Immediate results..holy crap!! And see that?... I've had animals all my life, I am a dog groomer, I've owned and operated two grooming shops, and here's me thinking I'm giving the needles good enough at the 6 millimeter length. Boy was I wrong!

8. Gill & George

Nice blue cycle this morning.

As for the curve some folk do 12 hour cycle, or you can do an 18 hour curve that way you get both am and at least half of pm.

From the slgs sticky

After 1 week at a given dose perform a 12 hour curve, testing every 2 hours OR perform an 18 hour curve, testing every 3 hours:
    Note: Random spot checks are often helpful to "fill in the blanks" on kitty's spreadsheet.
    • If nadirs are more than 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), increase the dose by 0.25 unit
    • If nadirs are between 90 (5 mmol/L) and 149 mg/dl (8.2 mmol/L), maintain the same dose
    • If nadirs are below 90 mg/dl (5mmol/L), decrease the dose by 0.25 unit

9. Govies mom (Karen)

Yes I am familiar with that. And I'm kinda in the start right now of the every three hour curve. Hopefully I can stay up tonight and keep going, thanks for looking out

Gill & George likes this.
  10. Gill & George

An 18hr hour curve would be

Amps +3 +6+9 pmps+3+6;)

Govies mom (Karen) likes this.
  11. Govies mom (Karen)

I'm happy to see a drop in her numbers..however I am a bit nervous so I shot a 1.25. I plan on staying with that dose and doing a curve. Gosh I sure regret not changing the needles sooner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.