? 11/21 Texas Gizmo PMPS=140, +2=157, +4=176, +11=201

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

11/20 +11=245

AMPS=235

Did not eat his PM +7.5 snack. Ate his PM+4.5 with just a wee bit of encouragement but ate it all. Seems to be a bit better. He purred through his morning including testing and shot. Making eye contact and seeking me out and ate his PS meal good. All good signs.

Kinda surprised is wasn't higher this morning. Hopefully that awful hairball was the cause of all these high numbers and he comes down today. I will not mess around with it though, if no greens in 6 cycles (tomorrow PM, though will probably wait until AM 11/23) I will increase. I have to try and make the most of my time off.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope it was just the hairball making Gizmo feel bad. I hope he eats better today. Yay for purrs. Sending prayers.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

It HAD to at least be part of it. The Cerenia, I guess, triggered the reflux but I am in a glad it did. Poor baby. It was so big. As big around as a nickel and at least 5" long. It was all hair. :eek: I am going to order some of the Food fur Life egg yolk today.

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

He's GOT to feel better after that!! :eek: Hope he settles quickly and gets his appy back.

5. LizzieInTexas

Seriously. OMG. It was shocking. I really don't mean to keep harping on it but I really couldn't believe it.

Ate PS meal well and just watched him eat his +2.5 (though a bit late). Currently sitting in the sunshine coming in the back window. Numbers are coming down. All good signs. I did give him a little bit of pain meds before I left for work (JIC) and he got a 1/2 Canna after his PS meal. I think I will try and get another Cerenia dose into him tonight. I really wanted to give him another this morning because I know he threw up the dose last night but decided to wait (not suppose to give more than once/24hrs).

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lizzie, no apologies on describing that furball Gizmo hurled ...that is huge and has to make his belly feel better :bighug::bighug::bighug: . I’ve had cats all my life and never seen one that big :(

7. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Just a heads up to check the phosphorus in egg yolks. If Gizmo is diet controlled, I know you don't want to undo the hard work!

8. LizzieInTexas

Had cats my whole life - never, ever seen anything like it. I had to pull it apart to make sure it was just all fur - it was :eek:. I figured if Bobbie could post about tape worms - it wouldn't be too gross :smuggrin:

Oh, Thank you!! :bighug: It is a very tiny amount given. Do you know how high in phos it is? Dang it. And I have already ordered it.

This goes back to the anemia I think. His itching and grooming (because of the itching) I am sure is increasing his hair intake.

@Bobbie And Bubba How much do you give?

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you take a picture like Bobbie did? ;) I'm sure he feels better getting rid of that.

10. LizzieInTexas

No, but I did think about it - lol :joyful: And I thought of her when I did. :p

PMPS=140 :cool:

History:
    AMPS=235, +2=202

He ate all fudz today - albiet a little slow. Ate PMPS food great. Still not sure if he is 100% but definitely on the way (fingers crossed/anit-jinx).

Still planning on giving Cerenia, pain meds and 1/2 Canna at +2 when I test.

11. LizzieInTexas

Oh, and I emailed Food Fur Life via their website and asked about phosphorus levels in the egg yolk. I will post when/if I get a response.

I am going to check to see if I can find some medical grade Vaseline at the grocery store tonight and, if I do, try and give him a bit of it.

He also gave me a beautiful, large, well formed, moist poo this morning - so at least I know he isn't impacted (didn't think he was but nice confirmation). He has been fairly regular on his poo business so I wasn't too concerned.

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Lizzie! Why no pic of the huge hairball? LOL I have seen some pretty big ones too with Bubba and it just can't feel good having them in their gut. So glad he "birth" it.

With the egg yolk ( sorry I don't know the phos level but you should know soon), I was told to start with a just a small pinch of it between my thumb and pointing finger for one day. Then the next day, ( not meal ) a little bigger pinch and then next day yet another bigger pinch until you will be giving 1/4 tsp twice a day. You want to make sure he can tolerate it. Bubba did have one or maybe two more hair balls within the first 5-6 days on the egg yolk and then happy to say, not another one since! Susan and Jimmy's mom said the same thing with Jimmy. Also, Bubba has a poop every other day now and they are nice healthy ones and not to dry. I was reading on a few online sites that it is not uncommon for raw fed cats to go every other day. I am happy with that.

I hope that the phos level will be such that you can use the EY powder.

13. LizzieInTexas

Thanks @Bobbie And Bubba

I need to know if the egg yolk is too high in phosphorus. I am going to post two e-mails I got. The first one gives info on their mixes but I thought others might find it informative:

I replied back reiterating that I needed the phos for the EZ Egg Yolk and this was the reply. IS THIS TOO HIGH TO GIVE TO GIZMO (CKD)??? I have no idea:

14. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I can't help you with those numbers because sadly, I don't know what the guidelines are for safe phos levels in CKD kitties. Is the level a good one?

15. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Thank you. Here's to your vacation - Raising a fluted glass!:woot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.