11/22 Texas Gizmo PMPS=136, +2=128, +3.5=98, +4.5=116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

11/21 +11=201

AMPS=200

11/20 PM - ate only 1/2 of his +4.5 meal and none of the +7.5 (overnight).

Ate well this morning.

Going to repost request for advise on phosphorus for EZ Egg Yolk. Hopefully someone can tell me if it is ok to give him (CKD).
    I need to know if the egg yolk is too high in phosphorus. I am going to post two e-mails I got. The first one gives info on their mixes but I thought others might find it informative:
    I replied back reiterating that I needed the phos for the EZ Egg Yolk and this was the reply.
    IS THIS TOO HIGH TO GIVE TO GIZMO (CKD)??? I have no idea. If no one can answer I will probably ask over at Tanya's CKD forum.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gizmo ate for you. I hope he keeps eating today. I don't know anything about egg yolk. I hope you can get an answer. :bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

Thanks Carla. Was really concerned last night but not as much this morning. He is up and active this morning. Gave him some Canna after his PS meal.

I feel like I am missing something to make him feel better but can't think of anything else.

He is getting MMR with AM/PM PS meals. Gave him Cerenia last night. Giving Canna AM/PM and pain meds as needed (may give him a small dose before I leave for work). He is eating but hit/miss on enthusiasm and finishing it but don't want to give appy stimulants since I can still get him to eat (and will be home after today to babysit)

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you get G.'s appy jump-started again. I remember skimming a recent post on Feline CFR Support group on Yahoo where someone said yolk was high in phosphorous, but Tanya's is probably your best bet.

5. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

My other 2 cats were throwing up a lot. They SHARE 1/3 a hard boiled egg yolk every other day. It seems to have helped. I don't think 1/6 of an egg yolk every other day has enough phosphorus for me to worry about it. Qualitative statement here.

6. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=136

History:
    AMPS=200, +2=156, +11=152

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  7. LizzieInTexas

Refusing to eat. Broke down and gave mirtz. He got Cerenia at +2.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  8. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Oh Lizzie, I'm with you there on the appy dramas. I'm sorry I haven't been able to follow much: I hope Gizmo is okay. Are you giving the Mirtz pill or compounded liquid? If I give Girlie the pill, she becomes a little being possessed. With the compounded liquid, though, I can give her tiny amounts that stimulate her to eat but don't make her compelled to find some food somewhere...

Still, I'd rather she eat on her own - as you want for Gizmo. My fingers are crossed for you, and Girlie's are crossed for Gizmo.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.