11/23 Mikey AMPS 597 Dosing question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marycatmom, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

2. Delia

Delia Member

Hi, I can't give you any advice, but I'm responding to bump this post up for more experienced eyes.

Delia

3. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Looks like bumping up to a fat 0.50 isn't out of the question.
    Sorry that Mikey is such a rainbow kitty. I've been blessed with relatively flat sugarcats.

MJ

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Now Mikey!! Colorful is for peacocks, not cats!!

I think you're on the right track Mary, and since weekends are the best time for you to do increases, I'd probably do the full .25 up to .75 and let's see how he does while you're home to test

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Mikey only got to green once on this dose, so I agree it's time to go up, especially since you can monitor. Kitties usually do better with .25U increases rather than just fattening.

6. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

I'm considering changing my signature from "Lantus TR" to Lantus NR". That's No Regulation. We decided that tonight was not a good time to raise his dose, since I had to be out for a couple of hours, and we are both exhausted. We are still considering raising it in the morning. What effect will raising it have on his bouncing? Did I really just type that? This is Mikey. He doesn't follow rules. Let me try again. In a cat other than Mikey, would the dose increase typically help the bouncing or make it worse? Also, who will win the Super Bowl in 2057? Oh, and what is the meaning of life? Tired? Punchy? Me??? Never!!!!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I find with Neko, that if she's bouncing more than I like, more insulin will help flatten her down again. And she usually bounces worse when she's not getting into greens enough.

Sleep well, tomorrow is another day.

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think Mikey spent too much time doing Common Core Math...LOL
    if you have 4 pencils ...math problem.PNG

A lot of times increasing keeps them in better numbers for a longer period of time so they can get used to them...but ECID!

Shelly & Jersey (GA) likes this.
  9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I've been thinking he might need an increase as well.

ECID, of course. But often, it seems like increasing the dose while holding up the nadirs can really improve the cycles.

10. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Mary,

Sorry to bump up yesterday's post, but I was stalking Mikey's ss, saw blue, and didn't see a post for today yet. Just wanted to say "woo hoo." Great cycle for Mikey today! :)

In terms of the bouncing - once we got closer to the ideal dose, the bouncing did decrease.

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Go for it! I don't see any reason not to increase.

Have a good weekend, Mary,

Ella & Rusty

12. pandabur

pandabur Member

Yay for blues on Mikey!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.