11/26 Gracie AMPS 325 +3 244 +6 176 A Day of Gratitude

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Gracie’s Lymphoma Dx Condo

From the bottom of our hearts, we wish each and every one of you a blessed Thanksgiving. Our prayers go to all those whose kitties are not well and we wish them healing, to all civvies, all beans, all of their family members. May each animal and person who needs it, know healing light and the miracle of Lantus/Levemir Land prayers.

We are so very grateful today for so many reasons. First, if not for FDMB and, most specifically, this insulin support group and the members that helped us the most when we were new (@Jill & Alex (GA), @Libby and Lucy, @Sienne and Gabby, @Pat+Raja+Shadow, @Ann & Tess GA, and @Michelle and Mannie (GA) ), Gracie would not be here....five plus years later. Our vet, at the time (not the amazing Dr. B we have now) had great intentions but she only recommended urine testing and Purina DM...not because she didn’t support home testing but because she never had a client want to do it. Mike and I are so incredibly thankful we found FDMB. We are thankful for all the hand holding, knowledge, experience, lectures (yes...I was the MOST impatient newbie and coined “patience pants” because I really needed them), laughter, love, and mostly friendship. Whether you’ve been a member for a very long time or are a new one, whether we know you well, or not, please know we are so grateful you are here and for all your words of support and friendship that have gotten us through the tough times and will get us through the future. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

We are appreciative that all we have learned has allowed us to understand how to deal with her current condition and resulting BG. We understand the importance of patience and observation and when you just have to stomach those numbers for a few more cycles and when it’s time to do something. Without what we’ve been taught, we’d be pulling out our hair.

I am so very grateful that Mike was one of those husbands that just jumped right in and has done as much for Gracie as I have. He’s been an equal partner in her care, in decisions, in treatment. I could not do it without him.

Our LBG.....so amazingly grateful that she is such a sweet little girl who, even from the first poke, could have cared less about pokeys, syringes, and the whole thing. We talk often about all of the nine cats we’ve had in our married life and are thankful that if one of them was going to be diabetic, it’s Gracie because she is so wonderful with it all and still loves us so much.

And I am really grateful that Liz (@Anne & Zener GA) is here today because I’m going to have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving dinner with her and her family at her sweet sister’s house. My tummy is already so excited!!!!!

From us to all of you, whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving today or in a country that already has or does not, please know our hearts are truly full of gratitude, love, happiness, peace.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a wonderful condo! Much like you, Mike, and Gracie, I am exceedingly grateful that I found my way here. Many of the people who were paying it forward and vibrant members of this community when Gabby and I arrived, have moved on, no longer post, or are the "legends" of Lantus Land. I love when members with OTJ or GA kitties take time for a surprise visit. And every day, I am grateful for the people who are here and who form an incredibly caring and thoughtful group of people who are passionate about their cats and about this Board and about each other.

I am very grateful for those of you who have seen me though what amounts to the worst of times (a job that truly made work TBP -- "the bad place", two moves in a year -- one across several states and one across a few streets, and the immeasurable loss of my younger sister to breast cancer). The last year and a half has been challenging and the people on this Board were steadfast. It was also the best of times -- the new job is exciting and rewarding and the people I have the good fortune to work with are fantastic and have core values that make them remarkable. I live in a condo that I love. I have lived in many places that I liked but never in a space that I love. I still can't believe I live where I do and it's not a photo shoot from Architectural Digest. I'm also hugely grateful for two kitties who keep be both on my toes and very amused!

I'm spending my holiday with friends of almost 30 years. I learned a long time ago, not all family is based on blood or birth. I have friends that I have chosen to make family. This Board is a part of that family (even though it is unlikely that we will all have the opportunity to meet). So to you all, a wonderful holiday that allows you to take pleasure in all of the good things in your lives -- your kitties, your friends, your family, your work and any of the things that you find rewarding.

(Marje always has a way of setting an eloquent tone for a holiday or holiday season. And while you may not believe it, she really was a very impatient newbie. I wrote some very long posts!)

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We feel the same way about all the help and support we've gotten from the wonderful people here in Lantus & Lev Land. It made all the difference for our Zener and we will be eternally grateful for that. And I am thrilled that you are coming for dinner! :) :bighug:
    Liz

4. Marje and Gracie

So true. I was the WORST! :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Me, too. Hope Missy G is as well.:cat::cat:

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a beautiful way to start the day! Thanks for posting this Marje. Although the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday is over a month ago, it does not stop me from reflecting on how thankful and grateful I am to all the people here. I too am among the many whose cat would not still be here if not for the wonderful people in L/L, whether current or past. @Marje and Gracie @Sienne and Gabby @julie & punkin (ga) I am always thankful for your support and gentle nudges to keep on increasing the insulin when we needed to. It was lonely days then being a caregiver of a high dose kitty, but I felt comfort knowing you were there. Marje - it was a pleasure to meet you via phone last week - thank you for letting me ramble on after Neko's heart incident.

And I'm going to include a shout out to some of those people who also helped me personally, for without their caring and laughter, I am sure I would have fallen apart. Yes, cheerleaders and moral support is a key part of the journey. Folks like @Anne & Zener GA (both Anne and Liz), @Michelle and Mannie (GA) , @Vyktors Mum showed me you could have life and a diabetic cat. And who could forget Celi and Binks's stopovers in their condo.

Enjoy your dinner Marje and Mike - I am sure you will. Scritches to LBG, Soul Sista, the little brown stripey girl. Leave the pinks to the other Soul Sista.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Thank you for all tge help you have given to me over the two years Max has been diabetic. Vines and prayers for Gracie to go into remission from SC, another one that requires patience pants too.

7. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

I suspect your tribute to those who taught you so much is not only in the words you share here, but also in the mantel you've now assumed as teacher, guide, and mentor for so many of us that lean on you. Thank you for that.

Marilyn

8. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

What beautiful words, Marje. And so true. The bonds that are created because of this board are strong. Although Ripley & I were only active here for 13 months, I still lurk daily and love checking in on my L&LL families. It's because of the amazing, dedicated people like you, Marje. I am thankful for you and Mike and your kitties and wish you all a lovely Thanksgiving.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

What a wonderful condo. And such wonderful giving and cat crazy people here. We never would have had our Zener after his diagnosis without you all. I am so glad you get to have Thanksgiving dinner with Liz and her family. I was just too traveled out and needed to stay home and give Liz a kitty care break from all my travel.

Nom nom nom to all!

Anne

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  10. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I was thinking about you guys the last few days and it's always nice to read your posts. We wish you and the family/friends a very happy Thanksgiving. This year personally gives "Thanksgiving" a whole new meaning for us. Truly we're thankful for you and everyone here! Now, I ate too much and was gone for 4 hours so it's major Doodle time!

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Such true words. This place is truly amazing. I know I wouldn't still have Furball with me, much less her being OTJ, if it wasn't for this place and your help and advice. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

12. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

What wonderful sentiments expressed by everyone, I think we are all reflecting on the good things we have to be thankful about at this time of year. My personal thanks to you Marje for all your kindness and support in getting Crystal to where she is now, and for your invaluable knowledge on the use of the R insulin.

I hope you and Mike have a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by your loved ones, and scritches to Gracie and Tobey :bighug:

Suki and Crystal

13. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes.... agreed with all the sentiments.....
    you gave me so much help and got me thru it all..... especially when i clashed with a few here.....
    I'm so very very grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving!

14. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Marje,Mike, Gracie and Tobey.
    Happy Thanksgiving from
    Michael and I.
    This place is amazing and Michael and I will be forever grateful. Happy Thanksgiving to all of FDMB!

15. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Thank you, Marje, for helping me learn too. I remember all your questions and wanting to know and understand the underlying reasons. :) That's called being a good student, and it pays off!

Glad you've got Liz there and are having a wonderful day!

scritches to your sweet Gracie and Tobey!

16. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving!
    I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and evening with Liz.
    This is a lovely condo!
    I too am extremely grateful that I found this board, and for all the support I received here while caring for Lucy.
    I remember you and Mike stayed with me until LATE when Lucy went green for the first time and I was very scared.
    Also, I am so thankful to all the wonderful beans I met here because without you, I don't know how I could have coped with Lucy's passing.
    I can never thank you enough!
    Lots of love and hugs to you!
    Wet kisses to Gracie & Tobey!

17. Marje and Gracie

See what I mean.....what an amazing group of friends you are.....you make our lives so rich.

I had a splendid time at Liz's family's and the food was fabulous. So wonderful to get away and think about something else. :)

Hugs and love.....

M

18. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I've said this many times, but today is a good day to repeat it: I am so very grateful to the friend (who is now deceased) that told me about FDMB. If I hadn't found this place, Cinco wouldn't be here now. I would be in a care facility for the insane. My other kitties might not be here, either. The kindness and generosity of the people here is incredible, and the knowledge and experience that is shared is amazing. The friends that I have made here mean so much to me, and the kitties I have tried to help are as important to me as if they were my own. This is a family, and I am so glad to be a part of it. Thank you for accepting me as a member, and for taking all of my kitties, FD and civvies, to your hearts. You are all in my thoughts and prayers, even though I might not post every day. Thank you for understanding that I am going through something that requires my undivided attention and that I still care about everyone here, even though I can't read your posts and respond on a daily basis.

I tried to go back to the beginning of our FD journey, but I couldn't figure out how to get to those old posts. I can't name everyone that helped us, but I know they are wonderful people that I will forever be grateful to. @Marje and Gracie and @Sienne and Gabby were definitely among them. To all of you, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Awwwww so mushy in here today, I am feeling the magical LL love :):cat::):cat::):cat:

I've got to say, I'm glad those patience pants have morphed from those hideous yellow things that used to get thrown around ;) but where would we be without them, I can't imagine LL land without patience pants!

20. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving Marje, Mike, Gracie and Tobey! You write so beautifully, Marje. It sure brings back such fond memories of those early bumbling FDMB days. Maggie (GA) and I were there three and a half years and received so much help from all of you and also a lot of fun and laughs. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with Liz and family. I lurk a lot and even occasionally post. Hugs and scritches from us.

21. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving Marje, and Mike! and happy day after too. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

What a wonderful post. That so takes me back to my first days here... What a newbie I was! There were so many people who helped me get this whole FD thing under my belt. ;) Chris and Chloe were the first, Chris got me on the Board. @Sienne and Gabby was the second (thank you for those nights when I knew if was in the wee hours of the morning for you...) and so many others, you all know who you are. What days they were... I am glad that I could help a few folks along the way.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Sounds like it was! Nice to see you in blue Gracie, surf well today.

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Marje, Mike, Gracie, Tobey, and all of our friends on FDMB,
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Every day we give thanks for the friendships and for the help we have received on this board. I wish that I had not been so late in finding the board so that Stu might have had a better chance, but his 9 months here and all the help we got certainly gave him a quality of life that he might not have enjoyed otherwise.
    Tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of the day Rusty came to live with us. We are so thankful to share our life with this wonderful kitty. Thank you, dear friends, for giving us the knowledge and the courage to adopt a kitty who was already diabetic.

Ella, Edward and Rusty

23. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

What a lovely thread this is! I, too. am thankful got this group. The poeple in it are amazing and I can say uncategorically that this is one of the best-of-the-best uses of the internet I have ever seen or been priveleged to be a part of. And no one calls names, gets snarky or accuses anyone else of being Hitler. The patience is nearly infinite, people are cheery despite all the other problems in their lives and they are motiviated ny the best kind of intentions--to help others.

We tell other people we know about FDMB great detail and I can that at first they don't get it. But by the middle of our harangue--the part where they are praying we will shut up--they start to ask questions in an ubleieving tone. "You don't mean someone will..." and we get to say, amugly, "Yep." "What do you pay? Is it a monthly fee?" and we say "Nothing."

Lantus/Lev Land could be reviewed like a book: "You'll laugh, you'll cry, but you won't be able to put it down. It's one wild ride and the reward in the end is astounding! ANd the characters are so real, you'll feel as if they are real people."

Many thanks to everyone here who has ever helped me. It meant a lot to come back here when I needed to last week and know I would be welcome and helped through the process.

Vyktors Mum and Marje and Gracie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.