11/27 Gussie AMBG 104,+6 70, PMBG 111, +4 64

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-26-gussie-ambg-93-pmbg-102-3-82.168719/
    Hello All,
    AMBG 104, still that just into squinty blue he likes.
    Interestingly he has not dropped into those low numbers that I've caught these past two cycles, hoping that is not a portend of higher numbers and a failed trip to the falls Anti jinx!

Well it was a chilly morning here, everybody snuggled in..and today it truly embodied the saying it never rains but it pours....my heating and cooling unit finally gave up the ghost after a 53 year run....can't really blame it for finally stopping its work career...but given the upcoming vet bills ( all three need full work ups and I'm thinking Jett's eye is nearing its useful lifespan sooner than anticipated) and dental work I need, I was hoping to squeeze another season out of it! Just another round of reshuffling what gets seen to first, guessing the dental will get pushed back again!:( Have decided to look at it from the half full perspective in that the air coming in will be do much cleaner and healthier..yeah that's it...and I will save money in that it will be more efficient..grasping for positives!;)

Surf safely Kitties, hug them closely tired Beans, they are why we do this dance...:cat::cat:

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Wow. 53 years?! That is amazing!Mine didn't last even close to that length of time. I am so sorry about the timing of the demise of your heating/cooling unit when the kitties have so many bills and needs. Super frustrating!:bighug::bighug:

3. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks Amanda..yep it's original to the construction of the unit..I have s phenomenal Heating and AC guy who will retrofit parts to make them work to keep it going, but last years patch work may have been the last one he can do..when I described the symptoms I heard a tone I don't normally hear from him and the prognosis for its survival is not good!:confused:

4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Another good thing about a new unit is you won't keep spending money on the patchwork jobs. I did the patchwork jobs for several years before mine but the dust and I got a brand new unit in 2010 and I haven't needed any repairs. ANTI JINX!!!

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  5. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

53 years is a long time.That's when they were made with good parts and service. Now your lucky if you get 20 to 15 years sometimes less.
    Hope you are able to resolve them reasonable.
    Have a nice day!

6. Gussie's mom (GA)

Yeah I hope so, this first started getting repairs about 10 years ago so it's served me really well, last summer was blistering and it really championed forth so I was expecting it needing help this winter...

7. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks, yeah that is so true, it is all actual metal and built like a tank..don't find em like that anymore..hard even to,find parts made that way..why I've patched it up rather than replace it for years now...my fridge is very old and the same, made like a Mack truck.....dreading when it goes..I sweet talk it every time I go by:joyful:;)

8. Gussie's mom (GA)

With his numbers trending higher ( I know I know paranoid Bean) I find myself really having to sit on my hands to not test a bunch of times)

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  9. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Welcome in the money squeezing business Les. Hope you'll get some good deal on labor
    for installation, at least. Looking at Gussie's SS, glass if definitively haft full, wish it
    will go down like it has been... We would all need a Kitty Care program, like your
    ObamaCare and our ''Assurance Maladie Du Québec'' (governmental health care paid
    out of our own pockets).

Let's google this, there might be a program like that we don't know about :)

Keep on, we'll get over it..

10. Gussie's mom (GA)

Haha! Wouldn't that be sweet?! Well if it is there on the Internet to be found I am sure you will find it!:D When you do be sure to share!!:p
    Hang in there!:bighug:

11. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:

I understand the when it rains, it poors.

On a good note, when had our HVAC replaced about 3 years ago (same as you, ours sputtered and quit after patching for years). The good side is that our electric bill has been fabulous since the new one. I never believed all the hype about that before but it is true.

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's nice to see Gussie made it back to the lagoon today. Sorry to hear your AC/Heating unit went out. I hope you can get a good replacement.

13. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

It's always one thing or another, isn't it? Well, at least life is never boring, lol. Hope the new unit helps out with fresh air and lower maintenance costs!

Gussie's looking good! :D:bighug::bighug:

14. Gussie's mom (GA)

Brrrrr, baby it's cold inside!:rolleyes:
    Gussie headed back to the lagoon, +4 64:D
    Putting more quilts on the bed..but it feels so nice out, rain and cold!!
    Definitely a storm from you folks to the north! Everybody but my heater says thank you! He is still AWOL!:joyful:
    I'm glad I bought three warm beds for the cats!
    IMG_2863.JPG

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How adorable.

16. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Love the picture. Put a big smile on my face this morning. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.