11/28 River, the incredible bouncing kitty (AMPS 396)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paigeworthy, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Here's yesterday's thread, which was 2 tons of fun!

Ultimately my Balls of Steel Award™ felt a little anticlimactic, but also, who ever gives their cat insulin thinking "YEAH I HOPE TONIGHT IS REALLY EXCITING WITH A POTENTIAL HYPO!"?

Anyway, my Balls of Steel would not have been possible without the support of iron-willed and attentive strangers like @MrWorfMen's Mom, @Christie & Maverick, @Mandy & Rex, @Kris & Teasel, and @Cindy&Taco — and my new friend @Carol & Murphy, who not only came to support me in person right after River's diagnosis but who also shared the name of her vet with me. Dr. Thompson is coming to see River in about two weeks! I'm overflowing with gratitude these days.
    [​IMG]
    Also, I got nine hours of sleep last night, so I am feeling borderline superhuman today.

Keep being amazing, friends. Despite the bounce this has been an incredibly uneventful day so far, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Off to Mexico first thing tomorrow — see you next Tuesday!

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That's awesome you were able to connect with another member in person!! Who will be watching River for you? I'm so jealous, stuck up here in NW Wisconsin with temperatures in the teens!

3. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Yes, I am so, SO lucky! We have a great service called Pawlosophy looking after River and her sister, Brixie.
    Stay warm! Damn, I'm gonna cover up with a blanket just thinking about how cold you must be. We're having a heat wave here — in the 20s!

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

That's so sweet! blushing.gif
    Have a wonderful trip. At least this one shouldn't get cut short by snow storm warnings! I'm jealous too!

P.S I really appreciate that you kept the snow on your side of the border! :woot:

Paigeworthy likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

@Paigeworthy

we live in Chicago's Lincoln Square.

I'm in the SW suburbs! Lots of people from Chicago area! :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Paigeworthy likes this.
  6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I know all about bouncing with my buddy Lou as well. I'm pretty sure my first time shooting a green ended in a bounce too. I feel your pain!! I am so jealous of your vacation! I can't even fathom being able to get away, haha. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Paigeworthy likes this.
  7. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

I really feel like I've dove right off the deep end. I am on a webinar about feline diabetes. Oy.

8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Share what you learn with us. :)

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  9. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Have a great trip! :)

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  10. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Have a great trip Paige I want to hear about your pet sitter when you get back

11. Carol & Murphy (GA)

What suburb, Joy? Who else is in Chicago? I asked this in the meetups forum a few months ago, but no one replied. :blackeye:
    Luckily, Paige lives only a few miles from me, so I was happy to go over to show how to test.

12. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Orland Park. "Jill & Jade" are somewhere downtown, "Carol in Chicago" I can't remember who else right now. Tomorrow I'll try to locate anyone else.

13. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Jill and Jade is just a few blocks away from me, I believe

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  14. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I'd like to join the bouncing kitties club with Ming as my entry.

Have a great trip to Mexico!!!!!

Paigeworthy likes this.
  15. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member