11/3 Scooter AMPS 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Scooter, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-26-scooter-amps-82-3-62.220910/#post-2466335

Hi everyone,
    Not much to tell with Scooter. He seems to have decided to stay a while at .25. Seems to be his pattern. He’ll get a couple of reducies fairly close together, then stick with a dose for a while. His numbers have been a bit higher the last several days, but still green, so I don’t think I need to increase him.
    Last week was pretty stressful for several kitties and their beans. I hope this week is better. You kitties Be safe!
    Prayers for all kitties and beans in need!

2. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Glad to see that Scooter is still in the greens at such a low dose.

Hope everything is good with you.
    Have a great day Jill :bighug:

Jill & Scooter likes this.
  3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Scooter is doing great ! Always a pleasure to see! :bighug::bighug:
    Hope you have a beautiful day Jill!

4. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

5. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Looking awesome Scooter, so very impressive!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Scooter. I hope you both have a good week.

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Impressive numbers. He's Mr Greeeeneeee!

Just wondering how come you haven't tried a reducie he's been in normal numbers for well over a week (to be exact since 22 October so almost a month) I think you could try taking him down to 0.1 units.
    I know it's scary, like you don't want to break it, I was like that with George, in someways I wanted him to show me a low number to convince me he needed a reduction, but the 1 week in normal numbers does work as a reduction point.
    Remember that they can hypo on just a drop of insulin if that is too much of a dose for them.

The TR Protocol is an aggressive method in itself. The modified version of the protocol is slightly more aggressive. Let's keep all our kitties in the Lantus, Basaglar, & Levemir ISG safe by taking reductions when appropriate.
    • If kitty drops below 40 (long term diabetic) or 50 (newly diagnosed diabetic) reduce the dose by 0.25 unit. If kitty has a history of not holding reductions well or if reductions are close together... sneak the dose down by shaving the dose rather than reducing by a full quarter unit.
    • Alternatively, attempt a reduction when the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a non-diabetic healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL) while staying under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week.
    • Please do not let yourself become complacent or blasé about drops into the 20s or 30s. Please ask for advice immediately.
    • If your cat drops into the 30s, a full reduction of 0.25u is recommended. There are few exceptions given to caregivers who have collected years of data and KNOW their cat's response to the combination of insulin and food backwards, forwards, and inside out.
    • Caregivers whose kitties have "High Dose" conditions may find the need to reduce in whole units or more.
    • If an attempted reduction fails, go right back up to the last good dose as soon as you see kitty's numbers trending upwards. You don't have to hold the reduced dose for a certain number of cycles before taking the dose right back up. The guidelines listed under the topic "Increasing the dose" do not apply to a failed reduction. Please use common sense in this situation. The "last good dose" is not the dose that just dropped kitty into the 20s or 30s. You want to resume momentum by finding an in-between the dose.
    • We've found many kitties benefit from reducing the dose from 0.25u to 0.1u before stopping insulin completely. During a two week OTJ trial, you want to see mostly green numbers (under 100) with only a few random blue numbers between 100 - 120 to help ensure a strong remission. Most kitties will be in the range of a healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL) overall.
    R

8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Looking gooooood Scooter!! I love his sweet face :)

have a great day Jill :joyful:

ETA: omg just noticed the date on this... morning me does not pay attention well :p