? 11/3 Tinker AMPS 79 +3 57 +5 63 +7 70 PMPS 79 +3 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tinker's Mom, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-29-tinker-amps-170-pmps-97-am-i-ok.221061/

I have read the TR protocol and I still don't understand it. I am supposed to reduce if he goes under 50 or maintains blue for 1 week? I thought someone mentioned 6 cycles but the thing I printed out said a week.

Anyway can someone look at my sheet please? We just moved to a new house 2 days ago things are crazy. I am feeding him right now. He hasn't been eating as much because of the stress. I am not sure how much to give him.

I am grateful for you all.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

It's almost an hour since you posted, sorry no one got to you earlier.
    Can you test again? See where his numbers are at.

How much did you feed an hour ago?

3. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I just gave him 1.0 units because I didn't know what to do. I will test him a little later. Feeling kind of terrible today myself. :(

4. Gill & George

Are you home?
    Do you think you could grab a test right away?

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  5. Gill & George

Has anything changed in his meds recently? I see he is on budesonide, did he swap to that from another steroid?

6. Gill & George

I'm sorry you are not feeling well.
    Have you managed to grab a test?
    It's just that its been a while since you shot this low, so it would be wise to get an early test in to make sure Tinker is safe.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

With TR, for a cat that is less than a year past the original diagnosis, a reduction is given if numbers are below 50. If the cat is more than a year from diagnosis, you reduce the dose if numbers drop below 40 or the kitty is in the 40 - 50 range during 3 separate cycles. Tinker hasn't met these criteria.

A suggestion, though is that you probably should have kept testing after you saw that 80 at +6 yesterday. Based on the data you have, it's possible that his numbers kept dropping especially since you had a 60 at PMPS. I'd also suggest you still get a before bed test every night. Tinker was likely surfing in the greens all night. You just don't know how low his numbers have been for the last 24 hours. You may have missed a reduction.

Gill & George likes this.
  8. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

He was just at 57 and I think it's +3.

So now I think I understand TR and why everyone tests so much. You don't really look so much at the average, you try and "catch them in the act" at minus 50. Does that sound right?

I will test more today.

9. Gill & George

I have just seen you updated and he has a 57@ +4
    Are you home?
    You might want to give a little LC to see if he will surf.
    It's possible he hasn't nadired yet I would strongly recommend following up that test with another no later than +5

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  10. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I am so confused with the time change. He's at 63 but I am not sure the +. I will keep testing.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The +time is how many hours after you shot. Ignore the time on the clock - its hours post-shot.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Tinker's Mom and Gill & George like this.
  12. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

No he has been on Budesonide forever

13. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

Ok he is doing great. I am going to keep him at 1.0 unit for a bit. I am going back to work full time tomorrow and won't be able to test much. I think that's the safest plan. He very well could have gone below 50 anyway.

14. Gill & George

Will you be able to leave food out for him?
    With the skip last night and the run of greens he's had today I think that you need to be doing that to keep him safe.

What will you be able to test?
    eg can you get a +1 or +2 in the morning before leaving for work? or perhaps a +11 when you get back? +11 before you shoot in the morning?

The results of these tests can help you decide a safe course of action when you are not home.

Do grab a before bed test tonight as well.

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  15. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I always leave food out. I was able to test tonight. I will be able to get a +1.5 in the morning. :cat: thank you for your help and concern!! :cat: