11/6 Blaze Amps486 +11 395 PMPS 365 +2 334

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Blaze, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...66-11-122-pmps-100-2-181.221312/#post-2472346

Good morning and happy Wednesday!

I skipped last nights shot and this morning he is sky high :( I hope he comes down. I could smell the Lantus after I gave his am shot so I really hope I didn’t give a fur shot this morning, especially after skipping last night. I can get a +1 but will be gone until PMPS tonight.

have a happy Wednesday everyone

Beth 73 likes this.
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Since he’s so high this morning I wouldn’t worry about not being able to get home until PMPS. Don’t worry about the fur shot (if it was one) it happens to all of us every once and a while :)

have a great day Sarah!

Beth 73 and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Sarah, the only fur shot I thought I gave also came after a higher number, 18 hours after previous shot. Grrrrr -
    I do understand you needing your sleep and sticking up for yourself. We have to stay healthy! It's not surprising he's high after a miss - the boy still wants his insulin:cat:
    Blaze - you be a good kitty today, like I know you will. Have a nice day Sarah:)

Beth 73 and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Blaze will come back down. We all do fur shots from time to time. I once did three in a row and Furball was okay. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sarah, that boy of yours knows his way back down so be at peace today ...he will be fine :bighug: Keep getting better and stronger in your body ❤️

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  6. Sarah and Blaze

Thanks Amanda! I’m just bummed if it was a fur shot since we skipped the shot last night, I hope it wasn’t! I wasn’t able to get a +1, I was running late this morning of course, but I figured he’s fine since he didn’t get insulin last night and was so high this morning:confused:

Have a good day Amanda!

AmandaE likes this.
  7. Sarah and Blaze

You’re right! Thank you Beth!:bighug::)

8. Sarah and Blaze

Thank you Carla! I’m not 100% sure if it was a fur shot but I’m sure I will be able to tell at PMPS if he’s still really high :woot:

9. Sarah and Blaze

Oh gosh, I’m glad I’m not the only one to do this! I’m not 100% sure if it was a fur shot, I’m sure I will be able to tell this evening if he’s still really high.

And yes, that’s one thing I have to make a priority during the work week: not staying up late and getting sleep on work nights. Thursday through Saturday nights are the nights I can stay up late to test.

I figured he would be high this morning so it’s okay that I’m not going to be home until PMPS. I know he will most likely be high all day, hopefully he comes back down today!

Thank you Jan, hope you have a good day! :)

10. AmandaE

Take a look at September 25th on Mowglis SS, we had a furshot and it seemed to snap mowgli right into shape. We had our first green PSs and he totally started working his dose!

maybe Blaze could be the same!!

Sonia & Leo and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  11. Sarah and Blaze

He’s been doing really well on this 1.5U so far, maybe this will push him a bit further. Fingers crossed! He hasn’t had a green PS yet so there’s room for improvement!!

12. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think there's just something about the first shot after an intentional skip. It's like the pressure's on or something...

13. Sarah and Blaze

Yes!! I haven’t given a fur shot yet but I was just so focused on getting that shot this morning because his amps was so high. It felt like it went in, but I always rub the area after I shoot, and I could smelt that distinct Lantus smell. Not totally sure it was a fur shot but if so, we will be back on track tonight :smuggrin:

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  14. Sarah and Blaze

+11 is 395 so it’s a possibility I did give a fur shot this morning

15. Sarah and Blaze

OH MY GOSH. I am so mad at myself. I’m pretty sure I just gave another fur shot tonight! PMPS was 365, I filled the syringe with 1.5U, gave the shot and rubbed his fur like I always do and it was wet! And smelled like Lantus. I think I went straight through his skin. I can’t even believe I possibly gave two fur shots in one day. I’m so upset with myself.

16. Sarah and Blaze

We’ve been making so much progress with all our blue and even some green numbers, I’m so mad at myself for giving not one but two fur shots in one day! :banghead: I hope we can get back on track soon. Ugh, so upset.

17. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

If I had a dollar for every time I gave a fur shot...
    I’ve even given back to back fur shots (2 consecutive cycles :rolleyes: )

Make sure and note, either in the cell or the remarks column that the AM shot was a possible fur shot.

Fur shots also reset the cycle count.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  18. AmandaE

Dont punish yourself! we all go through these phases... seriously! I know how frustrating it can be but Blaze will be ok and you will get back on track! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

19. Kelsey & Lilly

Kelsey & Lilly Member

Uuuugghh that's the worst feeling!!! I've been there! it's suuuuper frustrating but hang in there and try not to beat yourself up too much! We've ALL been there!!

Maybe you could look into shorter needles?? I gave SO so many fur shots using longer needles before I switched to Lantus. It has helped me a TON to have the short tiny needles!

20. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good night's sleep to me!

Marathon, not a sprint. Those good numbers will still be available later. And we have all done the same thing at one time or another!

21. Sandy and Black Kitty

He will get back on track - no worries.

eta- back in our day we would call the cycle following a fur shot a ‘save-a-strip’ cycle ;)

22. Sarah and Blaze

Well I did the same thing and gave back to back fur shots tonight too! Dang it! Oh well, back on track tomorrow morning :blackeye:

I noted the possible FS for the am and pm today on the SS.

23. Sarah and Blaze

Thank you Sandy

24. Sarah and Blaze

Thank you Amanda, you’re right! Things happen, we will get back on track tomorrow morning. I will be extra careful with his shot tomorrow morning. :banghead:

AmandaE likes this.
  25. Sandy and Black Kitty

Since he will have gone 36 hours without insulin by tomorrow morning, do grab a ketone test at the first opportunity.

All Ps in place?
    Appetite normal?

26. Sarah and Blaze

Thank you Kelsey! I’m just frustrated because I skipped the pm shot last night, then gave a fur shot this morning and then gave another fur shot tonight! Oh well, life goes on. Back on track tomorrow!

As for needles, I have ReliOn syringes 3/10 mL cc, 31 gauge, 8mm (5/16”) length, is that not short enough? These are my first two fur shots, I’ve never had problems with the needle length before.

27. Sarah and Blaze

Okay I will when I see him using the litter box. He’s lounging around right now. His appetite was normal, he was ready for dinner like always! He seems fine, I haven’t seen him pee or poop since he ate dinner, which was about 30-45 minutes ago. He’s purring and happy! And now he’s playing!:cat:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  28. Sarah and Blaze

LOL I like that! :D I’m going to grab a +2 test to be safe but looks like we’ll be saving some strips!

29. Sarah and Blaze

Thank you Nan! Tomorrow is my early day of work, up at 5 am and leaving the house by 6:30 am so I guess it will be a good nights sleep! :facepalm: I have a long enough lunch to come home tomorrow too, but I’m sure Blaze will be a little high tomorrow :confused:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  30. Sarah and Blaze

+2 334

haven’t caught him in the litter box but will test for ketones when I finally do. Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement today, I know mistakes happen and Blaze will be fine. Back on track tomorrow!