11/7 Biscuit AMPS 309 +3 213 +4 197 +5 168 +6.5 143 +10 143 PMPS 155

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by ShannonandBiscuit, Nov 7, 2019.

1. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Yesterday

Looking for suggestions but I think we should up the dose again tonight. I am home all day and I am going to test him routinely today but his numbers seem high. I wish it was easier to dose in small units. 0.75 seems too much and 0.5 seems too little right now.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you use calipers? It's easier to do those in between doses if you use calipers. I hope you get some good data today. He probably does need an increase.

ShannonandBiscuit and Bellasmom like this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Agree with Carla, good luck with doscrease

ShannonandBiscuit likes this.
  4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I think your instinct is right that Biscuits needs an increase. One strategy that I’ve seen around the board is to allow three drops between 40 and 50 before decreasing. With this strategy you would give a reduction immediately for any reading under 40. Maybe something worth trying if you find yourself stuck between two doses.

Either way, I hope you see some good numbers with the new dose :D

5. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Yeah, that’s how we found ourselves at 0.5. He dropped to 39 one day last week at +2. But he just doesn’t seem to be hitting many greens on this 0.5 dose. I think I’m going to try doing a better job of food management with MC food to keep him at 0.75 dose but out of the lime greens.

We haven’t moved to calipers yet but that may be the next step if we can’t level off between these two doses that we keep swinging between.

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  6. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Went ahead and went back to 0.75. Starting from a good PMPS so we’ll see.

Sonia & Leo likes this.