11/7 Luci AMPS 282 *Pics

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Wednesday

Still playing catch-up here! Just seems there are so many loose ends...I suppose you could tell from Luci's cupboard that I'm a little OCD - and I feel unraveled when things aren't as they should be. I wanted to make cole slaw yesterday - but found that I didn't have any mayonnaise here - duh - the pantry isn't stocked here - when you leave 'home' for up to six months typically you don't leave a lot of stuff sitting...so back to the store...DH texted me to pick up beer - but by that time I was already bringing in the groceries - back to the store again today...along with some other errands...

And Miss Luci is still hobbling around...poor little girl. Today she sees her vet here for the first time for a follow up on that foot...we'll discuss then our plans for the dental (was supposed to be scheduled later this month)...but because of her foot, we may delay. We'll just have to see what he says - just hate to traumatize her more right now.

I'm still way behind on visiting condos...so I hope everyone is doing well. Sending hugs to all the kitties and their beans today! :bighug::bighug:

Here's what's going on here at our place this morning...

LuciRestingOnLanai.jpg
    Luci's view of the palm trees:
    PalmTrees.jpg

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci slides down today. Love the picture. She looks comfortable. I hope the vetty visit goes well. Sending prayers.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Try not to stress too much Sue, it sounds like you rocked all the priorities!! Luci looks very happy and comfy on her porch overlooking the palm trees, she has a well-organized cupboard and you have beer!!!
    Good luck at the vet, hope Luci's little paw is healing nicely. :bighug:
    BTW, Luci and Leo are chatting up a storm in the lemon tree, this could mean trouble! :nailbiting::smuggrin:
    Hope you all have a wonderful day!

4. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

You seem to be well organized and with a few more trips to the store you will be stocked up on everything that you need.
    It is wonderful that you have a vet up north and then another vet in Florida that hopefully you are comfortable with. I hope today's visit goes well and that her paw is healing nicely.
    Enjoy Florida and the weather. I totally understand the weather change, I used to love it too when we came down to visit from NJ.... I couldn't wait to get to the beach or pool...have fun :)

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I envy your view of the palm trees as I sit here watching snow flakes.
    Hope Luci's vetty visit goes well.

Sue and Luci and Sonia & Leo like this.
  6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Wow! Your window view makes me totally jealous!! It’s a lot to stay on top of all the condos when you’re busy, i would have focused on getting settled in too :) we will all be here when you’re settled in :D

fingers crossed for a positive vetty visit!

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:Relax dear Sue - I know exactly what you mean about being OCD, and feeling you need to visit more condos too.
    You have your hands full . . . and your priorities are set right - Number 1 is Luci!!!

Then you can slowly and happily finish getting all set up:)

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Hope sweet little Luci's leg is healed up soon. You let the clod weather just in time. Only in the 20's today Brrr!!
    upload_2019-11-7_12-28-47.jpeg

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Luci looks like she is convalescing nicely!

I’m sure your pantry will be restocked and all will be back in place ASAP! It must be difficult running 2 households. I get befuddled with just one.

11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I can't manage one house let alone 2. Luci is loving being a Southern Belle again.

12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

You're so lucky to have a summer and winter vet! Hope her little leg is healing well! She seems enjoying her summer place with palm trees and warm weather!
    That I understand so much ! My kitties cupboard is like yours and all my cans have the % of carb and P underneath.... o_O:rolleyes: I wonder how you manage to run 2 houses ! :woot:
    Take it easy, one thing at the time! :bighug:

13. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

U r veru well organized
    I need that help lol

14. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Awwwww poor Luci. And nice of you to go back to the store to pick up beer for DH. I am not a good person and would complain about having to go out again :oops::rolleyes:

I probably missed this info but I’m curious what the plan for her foot was after Luci was treated. Does the bandage get changed and is she on any medication?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Crista! Luci saw her vet here in Florida yesterday for her first follow up after being treated last week by her vet in Michigan...the bandage doesn't get changed and she's not on any meds now - initially she was on Gaba and one other (an anti-inflammatory)...but something gave her diarrhea - so the vet in Michigan recommended some fortiflora and hold on the anti-inflammatory; the diarrhea has gone away and she's hobbling around - lays a lot on the lanai where it's warm. The plan now is to visit the vet again in 6 weeks for an x-ray and pre-dental labs and he recommended that we plan on removing the cast (if the x-rays look good) during the dental - as she will need to be sedated for both.

He said that she was doing quite well and that kitties heal extremely well from these sorts of things because they're smart enough not to put any weight on it...which she does...she holds her leg up and kinda step/bounces along on three legs...then lays down and then up again to hobble to the next destination - I'm trying to avoid handling her much as she doesn't like it when I put her on the testing towel...I think that leg is pretty sore/tender so we're kinda coasting along right now with minimal testing...

Crista & Ming and Sonia & Leo like this.