11/7 Tina AMPS 112 +4 93 PMPS 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

It's getting colder, and still rainy and Tina isn't happy about it. She went in her enclosure for a while, but decided it was a yucky day and came back in.

I just received my human test strips (Freestyle lite) for Tina. Will get the meter any time later today. I didn't think the strips would be here until Tuesday, so I shopped elsewhere and couldn't believe what I found - for just $184, I could get 100 strips at CVS or Walgreens!! I paid $52 online (Glucomart.com "making diabetes affordable"). The pharmacist helping me at Walgreens told me he feels my pain. He has a diabetic dog. But, he said, his vet doesn't want him testing at home, so he just takes the dog in every few months and has his dose adjusted. All good. Boy, I hope so.

I plan to start posting human meter numbers for Tina in the morning! I know once when I tested her with my Relion meter, she was forty something, and she was 100 on the AT. Not quite what I'm expecting, but we will see.

We finally have beautiful fall colors around -- have a nice day ok?!

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Tina today. It will be interesting to see what numbers the human meter shows. I hope you get some sun so Tina can go back outside soon.

3. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

It's almost your weekend Carla! Yes, we would like some sun and less rain. I am super excited about finally getting in line with everyone else, and it will be fun to see if her numbers are good enough to consider trying a reduction. If not, that's ok too:)

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Hope your sunshine comes back soon so the kitties can go outside. Leo did the same thing this morning, I opened the door and the cold wind blew in, he ducked (he's afraid of the wind) and turned around and went for a nap! :rolleyes:
    You must be excited to see the human meter numbers!
    Have a wonderful evening, Jan! :bighug:

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

It's so gloomy, but the trees are beautiful, some still green, but with yellow, red and all in between. The leaves have only begun to fall. We really needed the rain, but the cats seem to have forgotten about rain. Leo is just so handsome, he thought he needed more beauty sleep. The wind and cold aren't good for his lovely coat:smuggrin:
    Hooman numbers in the morning! Hope she doesn't get a fur shot tonight and mess this whole thing up:woot: Anti-jinx right?!

7. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Anti-jinx from us too! You're lucky you still have color in the trees!
    We have no leaves left on the trees since that wicked wind last Friday and we picked them all up and all the branches on Sunday!!! Done done done!!!! :)
    Time to break out the blower and shovels soon!! :p

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see what human numbers you get.

Our trees are naked now. Now the ugly scenery will last months. We had rain all day and now it's snowing.

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I've read so many posts about beans comparing meters - I even gave it a try myself - with a few human meters and the Pet Meter by Advocate...I finally settled on the OneDrop - and I really like it. I felt that the numbers were close to the Pet Meter - close enough for me to trust the OneDrop that Luci really was where it said she was...and so far, so good. I also liked that the OneDrop requires a very very tiny drop of blood. Sometimes between her black fur and the black skin and a tiny drop of blood - it's just about impossible to see it...but the OD picks it right up...I'd say we get 98-99% of the time without error so that's good enough for me...every now and then it's her beans fault...I actually 'miss' and put the strip in the wrong place and pick up the drop on the side - of all things.

Post your numbers and hopefully you'll settle on one meter that you like for various reasons. Love to see your results :)

Have a great evening Jan! Tell Tina winter time is no place for kitties to be outside :)

10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

A few minutes ago, I tested myself with the new Freestyle meter for Tina, and my Relion and they were 4 points apart. Why didn't I compare the new one and the AT? I have no idea:p No, I'm purposely waiting until morning.

Tina just had a brief stint outside - she begged to go out, then ran to come in.
    Have a restful evening if at all possible dear beans and kitties -