11/8 Biscuit AMPS 117/118/134 +2 89 +4 66 +5 58 +6 89 +7 97 +9 126PMPS 198 +4 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by ShannonandBiscuit, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Yesterday

Upped Biscuit’s dose last night. His AMPS was lower than recent ones. Unfortunately DH fed him LC food already. Should we give the full.75 or not, based upon his low number?

Negative ketone test this morning

2. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

3. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

I am also not home this morning till +6. DH is but not as good at testing or caring for B.

4. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

+12.25. 118, +12.75 134. Food influenced

5. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

brb, checking spreadsheet

ShannonandBiscuit likes this.
  6. Nan & Amber (GA)

Any possibility of a +2?

I think he'll be OK to shoot this morning, but a double-check to see whether DH will have to put down some carbs would help.

7. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

My husband can definitely test him at +2. It’s more the every 15 min testing etc if he goes low.
    I think he can handle it, just not sure if I should have him give the full 0.75 or make it a 0.5. I know we don’t like to change the dose, consistency is better so...

8. Nan & Amber (GA)

If you're worried, I think it would be OK to take it back down to 0.5. He was at least seeing some green at that dose, even if he wasn't (yet) spending a lot of time there.

9. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Ok. So DH decided to take the plunge and stay with 0.75. This is why we reduced so he’d have these good numbers so he said he’s ready to test often. Thanks for your help, I just wasn’t sure since I’m not home with him :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Nan was here to help. I hope you get a flat, safe green surf today.

11. ShannonandBiscuit

ShannonandBiscuit Member

Afternoon update. Been adding MC and HC to his day to keep him above 50. I like that the 0.75 dose keeps him in better numbers but wow it takes a lot more work to keep him in the safe zone. Wondering how this will play out at night... or maybe he just needs to settle in??

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nice numbers!!

13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Beautiful numbers! Terrific job on the steering today! It's hard to say what will happen tonight...sometimes Luci would spend the day in the lagoon and then as if she was tired of it, her numbers would stay over 100. Just keep testing if the numbers are low and stay tuned to the steering..you don't want him to lose what appears to be an excellent dose by dropping too low. It IS a bit of a tightrope walk and yes, it's more work and testing...but oh so worth it to get those long runs in the nice green numbers.

14. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Great AM cycle!
    Lots of time spent in the healing numbers :cool: