11/8 Cleo +12=44+12.5=58+12.75=52 +13.5=34-38 +14=60 +15=61 +16=46 +16.3=64 +17.3=94 pmps=152

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Delia, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delia

Delia Member

Yesterday (very looong :D)

Yesterday's recap
    AMPS=128 +1.5=273 +4=289 +6.5=250 +8.5=164 +10.5=98 PMPS=79 +1=163 +3=161 +9=57
    +10.5=34 honey and lc food 12.5g
    +10.75=
    +11=59
    +11.5=47

Today's recap
    +12=44 lc food 12.5g
    +12.5=58
    +12.75=52
    +13.5=34-38 honey and lc food 25g
    +14=60

It was a long morning today. Cleo went low very late in the cycle, so I couldn't shoot. I tried to stall but she didn't want to go up, so I decided to wait until +18.

Marilyn, Carla, Anne, Ella, Suzi, Julie, Wendy, Bron, Serryn, thanks to visit and for your precious help even if late at night for some of you :bighug:

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

What a day you have had!
    You are doing a really good job looking after Cleo, Delia and keeping her safe.

3. Delia

Delia Member

It's only thanks to your help :)

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Sorry I have no idea about the feeding schedule for the 18 hour cycles. Vyktor is free fed. You might want to pose that question again in this condo and add it to your subject line but I don't think you can really go too far wrong just make sure she still gets her quota - maybe you have to do smaller amounts for at least some of the meals she will be expecting and save some so you can do what you usually do when her shot times come. As Bron mentioned it won't really matter if she ends up with a little extra unless she's on a diet but I don't recall that she's one of our 'fluffy' kitties.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I only came in at the end after you had been very well looked after by a Julie, Wendy and Suzi.
    All that aside, you are still doing a great job looking after her and keeping her safe.....it can be scary having all those low numbers.

Delia likes this.
  6. Delia

Delia Member

Cleo actually was underweight, now I think she is the right weight. I don't want to give her too much food because I don't want she not to eat when the insulin start to make effect.
    From +11.5 to now she eat 3 meals (the last half an hour ago), so I think she can wait three hours to get 5 meals again.

She is waiting near the feeder as every morning. She doesn't understand why it doesn't want to give her food :)

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Poor little CLEO....she is confused! Where is my routine she is saying!
    Good idea to wait now until +18 for more food to make sure she eats.
    When is the next BSL due?

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I see she is up on her surf board and surfing along and not rising. What does she have in mind, I wonder?

9. Delia

Delia Member

Sorry Bron, what is BSL?:oops:
    I really don't know :)

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

BSL is blood sugar level.....when you take a reading of the blood.

11. Delia

Delia Member

Just taken. 46! What should I do now?

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Give her some honey and test again in 20 mins

13. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Do you have any higher carb food...not low carb?

14. Delia

Delia Member

I have a 18% carbs food

15. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I would give her a teaspoon of the 18% as well.....just a teaspoon. The honey doesn't last all that long but the higher carb food should last longer.

16. Delia

Delia Member

Could skipping the shot be an option? So I can give her her usual food and shoot at +24?

17. Delia

Delia Member

+18 would be in less then 2 hours, I don't think I can shoot such numbers considering that we can't understand what Cleo has in mind.

18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

If she doesn't come up by +18 you will have to skip the shot.
    At the moment you need to get her into safe numbers...that is the priority before anything else.
    So if it is less than 2 hours til +18, you will probably have to skip it and do the insulin at the normal time. You certainly would not want to shoot with numbers this low.
    Let's first get her into safer numbers.

19. Delia

Delia Member

She is 64 now, I think I can feed her now and skipping the shot hoping that numbers will not go too high.
    What do you think?

20. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I think that is probably a good idea. If it is less than 2 hours til +18 and you have fed her....which you had to do to get her into safe numbers......you would have to wait further time before shooting. So I agree with you and I think the best idea is to skip the +18 shot and shoot at her next normal time, which will be the PMPS ....is that right?
    It will be interesting to see how she goes in the next several hours. You will need to keep testing for a while longer to ensure she doesn't drop back down again after the honey and food wears off.

21. Bron and Sheba (GA)

When you get time Delia, would you mind updating the subject line and the SS please? Thanks :)
    I know it is the last thing you are thinking about when all this is happening!

Delia likes this.
  22. Delia

Delia Member

I fed Cleo an hour ago, if she is in this number in an hour can I shot? It would be 18.5. Or is it better to wait until +24?

23. Bron and Sheba (GA)

She is probably still under the influence of the honey and low carb food which she had only an hour ago...that is right isn't it.........it is hard to say about whether it would be wise to shoot or not.
    You could wait and see what she is in an hour.
    I think I will ask Sienne @Sienne and Gabby if she would mind having a look. She is much more experienced than I am.
    Sienne, Delia's kitty Cleo has been experiencing low numbers since +9 of the PMcycle. It was decided that she would do a +18 and +18 but she has continued to have low numbers and required honey just over an hour ago at +16. BSL is now 94 and Delia is wondering if she could shoot the +18 at +18.5 that will be 2 hours after the last food.
    I am not sure as I thought the numbers could still be influenced by the honey and low carb. Would you have a look please and advise Delia? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Reason for edit: changed the carbs value from high to low as Delia didnt give the high carb food.
  24. Delia

Delia Member

Thank you Bron :)

25. Delia

Delia Member

I didn't give higher carb food, only regular lc food and honey.

26. Bron and Sheba (GA)

OK thanks....I changed it in the message. Not sure Sienne is online at the moment.

27. Delia

Delia Member

I think she is not. I will test in 15 minutes and if she is not too high I will skip.

28. Bron and Sheba (GA)

OK I will wait up til you test, then I will need to go to sleep as it is late here in Australia!

29. Delia

Delia Member

+18.5 is 73. I will skip and take a nap. :)

30. Delia

Delia Member

Thank you very much Bron! Good night!:bighug:

31. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

Delia - well done keeping Cleo safe. I'm sorry I am absolutely no use for dosing advice - just watching and admiring you. Cleo certainly keeps you on your toes.

@Bron and Sheba - I can stay with Delia for moral support but not much else...

Edited to add: I see you are going to skip.... get some well-deserved sleep!

Delia likes this.
  32. Delia

Delia Member

Melanie, thank you very much but I won't shoot. I need to take a rest and Cleo seems to have nice numbers, so I can wait pm regular shot.

Hope very much this is the right choise, sure it's the safer :)

33. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I think very wise to skip Delia.
    She could drop again so you will need to keep on testing her and if she starts to drop down, give her some more food, or if it is below 50 some honey.
    You are doing a really good job managing her and making good decisions too!
    Thanks Melanie....that would be great. I hate to leave but it is past midnight here.
    I will check in the morning and see how it has all gone.

Delia likes this.
  34. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

I don't have a lot of experience Delia but if she were mine, I'd skip, too! Tag me if you need anything - I'm home today.

Both of you get some sleep!!!

35. Delia

Delia Member

Thanks to both! :bighug:

36. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry. I'm off and on the board at the moment. (Just an FYI, send a PM if you need to get hold of me or other experienced members. Sending a PM notifies us via e-mail while we only get "tagged" if we log on to the board.)

I think skipping and then shooting at your regular PMPS is fine. I guess Cleo was done with this dose in a big way!

37. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Looks like Cleo was pretty insistent on getting a reduction! Wow, what a time. Fantastic work Delia keeping her safe. Good decisions, too.

Hope somewhere in the mix you can find some time for breathing and sleeping.

Marilyn and Polly

38. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Thanks! I really didn't do much but be some support.

She is still taking you for a ride! You have done a marvelous job in keeping her safe!

Cleo.... Time to let mama bean have a break!

39. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

What a day Cleo and you had. I hope she surfs safely for you tonight.

40. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a tiring but fantastic day for Cleo. I hope you got some sleep Delia.

41. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

:D I'm just catching up on things. very nice day, but very longgggg day for you and Cleo. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.