11+ is 229

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by mouse16, May 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse16

mouse16 Member

with Alphatrak meter so would be lower on human. I am waiting 30-45 mins to see if he rises, but he is very hungry!
    he is doing so well, blue numbers all thru mid cycle!

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Wow!, Go Mouse! That's so great to see the PS numbers coming down!!!

3. mouse16

mouse16 Member

Thank you Djamila!! feelin very uplifted today :bighug:

Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  4. mouse16

mouse16 Member

Last night he was 86 at 4+, I panicked cos it was 2.30am and gave him some cat paste (33% carb). Tested him at 5+ (blue) and 6+ (yellow) - then his AMPS was black 599! He BOunced.

What happens with such a bounce back up into high numbers, will his body eventually regulate and come down again?

5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

He hasn't been bouncing from his other similar numbers, so more likely those high numbers are from being over-carbed. Unless the kitty is being over-dosed with insulin, most of the time you can slow a drop or bring numbers up with regular food. Save the high carb if he is below 50. 86 feels scary when you're used to higher numbers, but it's really quite safe. :bighug:

Don't worry though, you didn't break him ;). When a diabetic cat gets a bunch of carbs, it can take around three days to settle down again, but he will settle down, don't worry. Just hold the dose steady (unless something dramatic happens) and keep an eye on him. He'll be okay :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. mouse16

mouse16 Member

Djamila, thank you! You told me that before about regular food being enough but I forgot in my panic. I learn the hard way, oops! We appreciate your help so much (Lila n Mouse)!! :rolleyes: :cat:

Djamila likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.