12-04-19 Salem PMPS 163 +1=195 +2=145 +3=131+4=82 +5=113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing yesterday. Some kitties are just more bouncy than others. Some bounce all the way to remission.

Sonia & Leo and Tina and Salem like this.
  3. Tina and Salem

So its no use to increase when he had numbers like that right ? Increasing is not going to help ? Is it ? This insulin amount is right . Increasing is not going to stop the bouncing is it ? Im scratching my head ? Lol

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Dose adjustments should be made on how low the dose is taking him, not the high numbers. With that 51 last night, you don't really have room for an increase. Each cat is different with bouncing. It just takes time for the cat's body to get used to lower numbers and accept them as normal and not bounce. A steep drop can also cause bouncing. It's just part of the process.

Sonia & Leo and Nan & Amber (GA) like this.
  5. Tina and Salem

Ok thats what i figured . i was so excited... he did so well . Then after he ate before hes amp shot hes sugar just jumped on up there . It was so disappointing . Im ready for him to get regulated and not have to check him so much . Im tired and hes tired of me messing with him so much . hes ears look like pin cushions. Poor thing . I cant imagine how he feels with it going up and down . Its got to be hard on him . He already waited too long to get on the insulin thats why he ended up almost dying . Hes been through alot . I feel for these poor kitties . Sad

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Tina and Salem

:)Going down .....

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

He's just bouncing a bit due to those nice numbers last night. Anytime they go down, their liver thinks something is wrong and it releases glycogen (sugar) into their bloodstreams....it's just the natural response to those lower numbers.

You're doing an excellent job testing...just keep doing what you're doing and help him continue to surf those nice green numbers. Everytime he surfs green, his pancreas is healing a little more. Like Luci, he's just a bouncer...Luci does it all the time up/down, up/down....buckle your seat belt :)

Sonia & Leo and Tina and Salem like this.
  8. Tina and Salem

I feel like i am on a wild ride ! Lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Tina and Salem

Lucis beautiful . i was looking at her picture , she looks like a Luci lol .

Sue and Luci and Sonia & Leo like this.